Laboratory Analyst (Shift Relief), Western Port VIC
- Hastings VIC 3915, Australia
BlueScope is a technically advanced supplier of steel and steel products in Australia. We are an inclusive organisation and every day we showcase our technology and expertise throughout the world.
We have 4 major manufacturing units at Western Port which operate 24 x 7 to deliver a variety of products and services to export and domestic customers as a part of the broader Australian Steel Products, Manufacturing, Mills and Coating portfolio. Our core purpose is to deliver internationally competitive steel products and we achieve that through our vision of being 'one team' delivering outstanding results.
We have set out an exciting year for 2021 and are seeking a passionate, dedicated person to join our team as a Laboratory Analyst (Shift Relief). Based at Western Port and reporting to our Chemical Laboratory Supervisor, you will undertake routine chemical-testing and daily administration of test data to ensure that results meet all standards and are delivered in a timely manner.
This is mainly a daytime position; however you will also provide leave-relief to the Shift Analysts who follow our day/afternoon/Saturday-morning pattern.
This role will see you:
- Ensure all testing methodology is performed according to NATA, ISO 17025 requirements and Laboratory Quality Systems;
- Enhance your chemical knowledge and skills by completing standard work in wet chemistry and classic techniques;
- Grow your cognitive thinking through non-standard analysis;
- Facilitate and implement change in a functioning LEAN culture; and
- Be a team player and develop productive relationships with internal stakeholders.
Who Are We Looking for?
You will have high attention to detail, work well with your hands and appreciate the need for accuracy when working in a process driven, laboratory environment.
Ideally, you will have qualifications, or similar to the following:
- a tertiary degree science and applied sciences (majoring in chemistry);
- recently graduated or have already had some prior industrial or manufacturing laboratory experience; and
- the flexibility to move from a daytime position to a day/afternoon/Saturday-morning shift pattern as required.
What Are the Benefits?
While working with a fantastic team in an extensively appointed laboratory, you will receive a competitive salary package, attractive superannuation options and the opportunity to participate in a performance-incentive scheme.
We're proud to have been named an Inclusive Employer for 2019–2020 by the Diversity Council of Australia. We believe that our people are our strength. Having a diverse and inclusive workplace enables us to improve our capability and ensure continued, sustainable success.
We know that workplace flexibility can mean something different to everyone. Under our B-Flex initiative all of our roles have some degree of flexibility. We encourage you to discuss your needs with us.
Applications close Sunday 31 January 2021.