Mechanical Engineer, Port Kembla NSW
- Wollongong NSW, Australia
BlueScope is a technically advanced supplier of steel and steel products in Australia. We are an inclusive organisation and every day we showcase our technology and expertise throughout the world.
BlueScope has an opportunity for an experienced mechanical engineer to join the team. In this position, you will provide mechanical engineering expertise and support to develop, assess and implement improvement opportunities. Your key focus will be to deliver capital projects and plant support engineering through delivering quality, fit for purpose & cost-effective solutions that will directly improve plant performance and extension of life.
This position is a combined hands-on engineering and project management role, and will see you perform the following duties;
- Provide engineering technical design, project engineering and project management expertise;
- Provide engineering support to maintenance, operations and other engineering disciplines, to deliver solutions that maintain and sustain a safe and reliable plant;
- Ensure design solutions comply with codes, standards and statutory requirements;
- Deliver capital projects on time, on budget to an agreed scope.
- Lead and implement improvement projects; and
- Provide mechanical engineering support for the day to day operations of the plant.
Who are we looking for?
Key to this position, is your mechanical engineering experience in a similar role with demonstrated project engineering and project management experience. You will have good working knowledge of drafting processes as well as a strong safety focus.
You will have the ability to provide a substantial technical contribution, on time delivery of tasks as well as mentoring other members in the team.
In addition, your experience and qualifications will include:
- Mechanical Engineering degree;
- Proven knowledge of mechanical engineering design;
- Experience in performing engineering calculations - basic structural, pressure vessel and piping, following Australian and International Standards;
- An understanding of capital project processes, estimating and business case development;
- Basic - intermediate knowledge of the application of 3D modelling, specifically Inventor and a strong knowledge of AutoCAD drafting;
- Strong relationship building and the ability to work collaborative with the team and many customers; and
- Proven ability to lead multidiscipline engineering teams who are not direct reports to deliver individual projects.
What are the benefits?
Working for BlueScope, you will receive:
- competitive salary package and attractive superannuation options;
- the opportunity to participate in a performance incentive scheme; and
- access to further development and career opportunities with BlueScope.
We're proud to have been named an Inclusive Employer for 2019–2020 by the Diversity Council of Australia. We believe that our people are our strength. Having a diverse and inclusive workplace enables us to improve our capability and ensure continued, sustainable success.
We know that workplace flexibility can mean something different to everyone. Under our B-Flex initiative all of our roles have some degree of flexibility. We encourage you to discuss your needs with us.
Applications close Sunday 31 January 2021