Customer Service Officer, Gillman SA
- Gillman SA 5013, Australia
Be part of an internationally recognised ASX company that offers a rewarding work environment with exciting opportunities for career development. Orrcon Steel is a reputable, nationally recognised brand in the steel industry and is part of BlueScope: Australia’s largest steelmaker. Orrcon Steel is committed to providing high-quality service, selling our own manufactured products and providing innovative steel solutions to our customers.
We have an immediate requirement for a talented, energetic and motivated Customer Service Officer to be part of our National Customer Service Team on a 12 months fixed term contract.
In this diverse and challenging role you will be responsible for providing consistently high levels of customer service within an allocated market segment. Working within a supportive, fast paced and customer focused team, your key responsibility will be to provide premium customer service, through campaigns to maximise profitability, increase sales and develop on-going repeat business.
A self-motivated, quick thinker, you will roll with the punches often juggling more than one task at any given time as you enjoy keeping busy and ticking off tasks.
- Providing excellence in customer service while meeting agreed service levels;
- Identify opportunities with customers to provide other value add services;
- Provide timely and accurate service to all customers;
- Preparing and following up customer quotes in line with business objectives and pricing policies;
- Outbound calls to new or existing customers to identify potential, generate sales and growth;
- Support external sales teams and branches across Australia;
- Providing internal support and regular feedback to relevant sales teams regarding customer and competitor information; and
- Resolving customer service issues.
You should have a positive attitude and a willingness to learn. In this role, you should also exhibit the following attributes:
- Self-driven, professional, confident & the ability to work autonomously as well as a team player;
- Strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills;
- Strong customer focus with the ability to resolve issues effectively and efficiently;
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn and develop;
- Drive for results with a proactive approach in building constructive and effective relationships;
- High attention to detail and ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Sound computer skills, exposure to SAP and Salesforce would be great but not essential; and
- Commitment to your safety and that of others.
What are the benefits?
We offer structured training programs and an enjoyable, supportive workplace culture that strives for great results.
We are committed to your ongoing training and development. This is a busy, dynamic site with plenty of energy, excitement and variety. You will receive a competitive remuneration package and have the opportunity to participate in our sales incentive scheme.
We're proud to have been named an Inclusive Employer for 2019–2020 by the Diversity Council of Australia. We believe that our people are our strength. Having a diverse and inclusive workplace enables us to improve our capability and ensure continued, sustainable success.
We know that workplace flexibility can mean something different to everyone. Under our B-Flex initiative all of our roles have some degree of flexibility. We encourage you to discuss your needs with us.
Applications close Sunday 31st January 2021.