Health & Safety Professional, Port Kembla NSW
- Port Kembla NSW 2505, Australia
BlueScope is a technically advanced supplier of steel and steel products in Australia. We are an inclusive organisation and every day we showcase our technology and expertise throughout the world.
Health, Safety, Environment responsibilities are integral to the way we do business at BlueScope. We are looking for a passionate Health and Safety Professional to join our Manufacturing Department in Port Kembla NSW on a permanent full- time basis.
As a Health & Safety professional, you will be part of the frontline management team, providing overall safety support to the business on health and safety issues, implementation of initiatives, and long term continuous improvement for manufacturing operations.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Implement and deliver the Manufacturing Health and Safety business plan within responsible department;
- Implement safety system requirements, ensure policies and procedures are applied by line management and adhered to by employees;
- Participate in risk-based committees, OHS governance activities, safety initiatives and improvement projects;
- Coach frontline employees on risk mitigation strategies and safety improvement initiatives;
- Conduct risk assessments, support reporting and safety analysis requirements;
- Act as first point of contact for external regulator enquiries regarding any safety incidents; and
- Ensure departmental compliance with workers compensation & injury management requirements.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an enthusiastic Health & Safety advocate with the ability to quickly build rapport and influence with a broad stakeholder base.
To be successful for this role you will have the following:
- experience in the Manufacturing and/or Heavy Industry environment;
- proven skills in Incident Investigation;
- sound understanding of Australian Safety Standards, regulations, and systems;
- demonstrated ability to influence and coach stakeholders at all levels of the business;
- proven experience in initiating change, performance and risk management;
- analytical skills with the ability to gather data from multiple sources; and
- tertiary qualification in OHS preferred but not essential.
What are the benefits?
You will receive the following:
- an attractive remuneration package including 14% superannuation;
- further professional growth to support your career; and
- access to other career opportunities within BlueScope.
We're proud to have been named an Inclusive Employer for 2019–2020 by the Diversity Council of Australia. We believe that our people are our strength. Having a diverse and inclusive workplace enables us to improve our capability and ensure continued, sustainable success.
We know that workplace flexibility can mean something different to everyone. Under our B-Flex initiative all of our roles have some degree of flexibility. We encourage you to discuss your needs with us.
Applications close: 24th January 2021.