HSE Governance Advisor, Westall VIC
- Springvale VIC 3171, Australia
BlueScope is a technically advanced supplier of steel and steel products in Australia. We are an inclusive organisation and every day we showcase our technology and expertise throughout the world.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Health & Safety Professional to join our HSE Governance team. Your role will be to implement, maintain and improve the HSE Audit Program, ensuring that the process is integrated into existing business practices.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Coordinate value-add, risk-based internal audit programs;
- Ensure meaningful reporting on the analysis of audit data including recommendations to address gaps;
- Lead coordination of risk-based external audits performed on the HSE function or contractor audits; and
- Assist the Governance team and Business HSE teams as required by the business.
Who are we looking for?
Key to this role is your previous experience as a trusted advisor in a similar Health and Safety auditing role. You will hold tertiary qualifications in Health & Safety and have the following experience and competencies:
- high level of confidence, ability to work autonomously, and the flexibility to undertake regular travel;
- management Systems Internal/Lead Auditor OHS (ISO 45001 or AS/NZS 4801) qualifications;
- sound understanding and knowledge of OHS legislation and regulations; and
- effective communication skills and the ability to quickly build rapport with all levels of staff.
What are the benefits?
You will receive the following:
- a competitive remuneration package including attractive superannuation options;
- further professional growth to support your career; and
- the chance to work for an iconic Australian organisation.
We're proud to have been named an Inclusive Employer for 2019–2020 by the Diversity Council of Australia. We believe that our people are our strength. Having a diverse and inclusive workplace enables us to improve our capability and ensure continued, sustainable success.
We know that workplace flexibility can mean something different to everyone. Under our B-Flex initiative all of our roles have some degree of flexibility. We encourage you to discuss your needs with us.
Applications close: Friday 5th February 2021