Engineer - Health & Safety Systems (12 month fixed-term) Port Kembla NSW
- Port Kembla NSW 2505, Australia
BlueScope is a technically advanced supplier of steel and steel products in Australia. We are an inclusive organisation and every day we showcase our technology and expertise throughout the world.
Reporting to the Transport Safety Manager, we are looking for a degree qualified Engineer (preferably Mechanical, Mechatronics, or Structural) to provide engineering expertise for multiple critical Health and Safety risk categories across our business based in Port Kembla. This role is a 12-month fixed-term contract.
You will be responsible for the management and delivery of innovative engineering solutions and providing advice for engineering, design and documentation projects. You will also work closely with your team on audits and identifying areas of risk in the HSE plan with a strong focus on Chain of Responsibility compliance across Australia where BlueScope is an industry leader.
Your role will primarily:
- Provide engineering solutions, design and documentation of Load Restraint Guidelines for road, rail and marine transport modes with a strong focus on improving human factors, efficiencies and cost;
- Share and implement best practice engineering solutions across BlueScope operations in areas of safety, operational efficiency, transport, logistics, and compliance;
- Engage with sites across BlueScope with HSE & Operational Teams – listening, learning, coaching and training; and
- Provide guidance, support, and technical expertise to HSE Professionals and Operational Supervisors/Managers in thorough incident investigations and valid and sustainable corrective actions driving safety improvement.
What we are looking for?
We are looking for a Mechanical, Mechatronics or Structural Engineer who understands safety systems and has an interest in transport safety. Key to your success will be your commitment to safety and the team, providing support and advice in ensuring best practice across our business.
You will have the following attributes and skills:
- sound fundamental engineering skills and ability to apply in practical applications;
- passion for innovation and change management;
- ability to work with multi-discipline teams and stakeholders.
- effective communication and presenting capability;
- ability to write engineering reports, technical documentation, and procedures with high attention to detail;
- sound computer application skills;
- willingness to develop your own knowledge and experience as well as others.
- experience in engineering design would be viewed as beneficial.
What are the benefits?
- a competitive remuneration package and attractive superannuation;
- access to further career development and opportunities at BlueScope; and
- work for an iconic Australian business with global operations.
We're proud to have been named an Inclusive Employer for 2019–2020 by the Diversity Council of Australia. We believe that our people are our strength. Having a diverse and inclusive workplace enables us to improve our capability and ensure continued, sustainable success.
We know that workplace flexibility can mean something different to everyone. Under our B-Flex initiative all of our roles have some degree of flexibility. We encourage you to discuss your needs with us.
Applications close: Sunday 24th January 2021.