Automation Engineer, Hastings VIC
- Hastings VIC 3915, Australia
BlueScope is a technically advanced supplier of steel and steel products in Australia. We are an inclusive organisation and every day we showcase our technology and expertise throughout the world.
Are you an experienced Automation Engineer who enjoys engaging with your customers? Do you enjoy working on a broad range of systems and equipment of various ages including robotics? Are you looking for an opportunity where there is potential to grow and progress your career?
Due to an internal promotion we are looking to welcome an Automation Engineer at our Western Port site!
This site has four major manufacturing units which operate 24/7 and will see you exposed to diverse systems and machines including more unique pieces of equipment.
What is the role?
Reporting to the Automation Engineering Manager, this position engages directly with personnel in Maintenance, Production and Projects to guide and support reliability and quality improvements through implementation of equipment and process enhancements.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Complying with all safety standards, regulations and policies;
- Ensure the automation systems deliver the required functionality, reliability and performance;
- Perform detailed electrical, automation and controls and process design work;
- Sign-off on design reviews and safety system designs;
- Provide technical support and guidance to reliability investigations, work coordinators, maintenance strategists and Automation graduates;
- Plan and execute improvement projects from inception to operations; and
- As required support your manager by undertaking leadership and stakeholder management responsibilities.
What are the benefits?
In addition to working for an Iconic Australian organisation you will:
- have access to further development and career opportunities with BlueScope;
- receive a salary and attractive superannuation options; and
- have the opportunity to participate in a performance incentive program.
What are we looking for?
We welcome applications from experienced Automation Engineers who enjoy working in an environment that requires them to engage directly with their customers and stakeholders across different disciplines.
In addition to having a collaborative stakeholder management approach, we are seeking the following:
- a tertiary qualification in Mechatronics or Electrical engineering;
- demonstrated experience with automation systems (e.g. PLC, HMI, DCS, SCADA);
- prior experience facilitating engineering design and specifications;
- sound knowledge of fault finding and root cause analysis; and
- previous experience leading or supervising personnel (either directly or indirectly).
We're proud to have been named an Inclusive Employer for 2019–2020 by the Diversity Council of Australia. We believe that our people are our strength. Having a diverse and inclusive workplace enables us to improve our capability and ensure continued, sustainable success.
We know that workplace flexibility can mean something different to everyone. Under our B-Flex initiative all of our roles have some degree of flexibility. We encourage you to discuss your needs with us.
Applications close Sunday 8th November 2020.