Graduate Automation Engineer, Hastings VIC
- Hastings VIC 3915, Australia
BlueScope is a technically advanced supplier of steel and steel products in Australia. We are an inclusive organisation and every day we showcase our technology and expertise throughout the world.
Are you a recent Electrical or Mechatronics Engineering graduate? Are you looking for variety in your work environment and professional development? Do you enjoy speaking with different people and solving problems?
We are seeking an inquisitive graduate to join our Western Port site! This site has four major manufacturing units that operate 24/7 and will see you exposed to a broad range of systems and machines including some more unique pieces of equipment.
Launch your automation career in this position where you will develop your knowledge and skillset across systems and process control, equipment performance and reliability, root cause analysis and robotics!
What is the role?
As a graduate you will work in the Automation Engineering team and interact with Maintenance, Production and Project teams to support various site facilities, equipment and systems as well as be involved in various quality and continuous improvement projects.
Working closely with others in your team, key responsibilities will include:
- Complying with safety standards, regulations and policies;
- Growing your understanding of site facilities and systems;
- Undertaking planned and unplanned system and technical support tasks including development work;
- Supporting the monitoring and management of system hardware performance; and
- Engaging with various site stakeholders to provide solutions and enhancements.
What are the benefits?
In addition to working for an iconic Australian organisation you will:
- join a team of experienced Automation Engineers who will contribute to your development;
- gain invaluable exposure to a broad variety of systems, equipment and business areas;
- have access to further development and career opportunities with BlueScope;
- receive competitive remuneration with attractive superannuation options; and
- have the opportunity to participate in a performance incentive program.
Who are we looking for?
We’d love to hear from recent graduates, including those who may already have some experience to show. We are keen to understand why this graduate role and working with BlueScope is of interest to you.
You will have a passion for applying your study and a desire for ongoing professional growth in all things Automation! Along with your tertiary engineering qualification in Mechatronics or Electrical (with automation) we are also seeking the following:
- good written and verbal communication skills;
- an enthusiasm to work directly with people and build your stakeholder management skills;
- a proven ability to work in a team environment and achieve group outcomes; and
- an interest in working on a broad range of systems and equipment of various ages.
We're proud to have been named an Inclusive Employer for 2019–2020 by the Diversity Council of Australia. We believe that our people are our strength. Having a diverse and inclusive workplace enables us to improve our capability and ensure continued, sustainable success.
We know that workplace flexibility can mean something different to everyone. Under our B-Flex initiative all of our roles have some degree of flexibility. We encourage you to discuss your needs with us.