Senior Risk & Compliance Analyst, Port Kembla or Mascot NSW
- Port Kembla NSW 2505, Australia
BlueScope is a technically advanced supplier of steel and steel products in Australia. We are an inclusive organisation and every day we showcase our technology and expertise throughout the world.
Due to an internal promotion we are looking for an experienced Senior Risk & Compliance Analyst to join the central reporting team based in Wollongong. (Option to work in our Mascot office is also available).
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking for a role where you can have plenty of impact across a broad stakeholder base.
Reporting to the Manager Reporting, Governance and Risk, this position is responsible for the delivery of systems and processes to mitigate business risk and ensure the accuracy and integrity of business and financial information provided to management and external parties. Your responsibilities will include:
- Champion the ASP governance framework, ensuring business compliance;
- Develop and implement standards, procedures, and processes to support execution of the governance framework;
- Coordinate the ASP risk management process and Delegation of Authorities framework including conducting compliance audits;
- Deliver process and control improvements, ensuring alignment to company Code of Conduct Policy & Procedures;
- Ensure the closeout of internal and/or external audit actions;
- Manage the half yearly preparation of Directors Questionnaire (DQ) and Risk Management letter for ASP;
- Ensure ASP account reconciliations are correctly executed as per quality and timetable targets;
- Complete monthly reporting, forecasting and analysis duties; and
- Participate in and lead cross-functional projects and improvement initiatives.
You will develop a sound understanding of the business including its operations and key risks. This will enable you to become a trusted advisor and drive improvements to ensure suitable frameworks and systems are in place to support business compliance activities and mitigate risk.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking to hear from qualified accounting professionals with well-developed experience in auditing, finance, compliance and/or governance. Your sound knowledge of accounting standards and financial rules combined with your relevant practical experience will support your success in this position. Your professional interpersonal skills and influencing communication style will enable you to drive engagement across a broad stakeholder base and achieve outcomes.
You will also have the following:
- tertiary qualification in related discipline;
- CPA/CA qualified;
- sound financial and business reporting experience;
- demonstrated success in simplifying, standardising and embedding business processes across organisational boundaries;
- ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- effective stakeholder management skills to balance priorities and expectations; and
- experience in Business Risk reporting and mitigation strategies would be advantageous.
What are the benefits:
- competitive package with attractive superannuation options;
- opportunity to participate in the performance incentive scheme; and
- access to further development and career opportunities.
We're proud to have been named an Inclusive Employer for 2019–2020 by the Diversity Council of Australia. We believe that our people are our strength. Having a diverse and inclusive workplace enables us to improve our capability and ensure continued, sustainable success.
We know that workplace flexibility can mean something different to everyone. Under our B-Flex initiative all of our roles have some degree of flexibility. We encourage you to discuss your needs with us.