Customer Service Representative, Rocklea QLD
- Rocklea QLD 4106, Australia
At BlueScope Building Components (BBC), we are renowned for our delivery of high quality and innovative customer solutions through our market leading brands including Lysaght and Fielders. We use 100% Australian Steel Products and are an integral part of BlueScope – Australia’s largest steelmaker.
The Customer Service Representative role will interact with customers, process customers’ orders and quotations, manage relationships with external and internal customers as well as “represent” the face of the business. The role is based at our Parkview Branch and this is a 12 months fixed term position.
This role will primarily:
- Support customers over the counter face-to-face and/or via phone, email;
- Create sales opportunities through passive and proactive selling;
- Process and manage customers’ purchases and orders and communicate customer’s requirements accordingly;
- Liaise with production, transport, sales and credit teams to solve problems that arise with orders and/or customers; and
- Ensure that tasks are completed in a timely manner and systems updated accordingly.
Who are we looking for?
A Customer Service and/or Internal Sales professional who is passionate and driven to provide excellent care to customers. Ideally you will possess:
- Experience in a Customer Service or Sales Role;
- Willingness to learn and show initiative;
- Problem solving and interpersonal skills;
- Accuracy and high level of attention to detail;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; and
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
What are the benefits?
- On-the-job-training to learn our products, customers and systems;
- Gain invaluable upskilling to broaden your career experience; and
- Access to further development & career opportunities within BlueScope.
We're proud to have been named an Inclusive Employer for 2019–2020 by the Diversity Council of Australia. We believe that our people are our strength. Having a diverse and inclusive workplace enables us to improve our capability and ensure continued, sustainable success.
We know that workplace flexibility can mean something different to everyone. Under our B-Flex initiative all of our roles have some degree of flexibility. We encourage you to discuss your needs with us.
Applications close Tuesday 3rd November 2020.