IT Product Owners, Wollongong NSW or Mount Waverley VIC
- Wollongong NSW, Australia
BlueScope is a technically advanced supplier of steel and steel products in Australia. We are an inclusive organisation and every day we showcase our technology and expertise throughout the world.
We have embarked on an enterprise technology transformation that will benefit every operational facet of BlueScope. It will involve introducing new applications, infrastructure solutions and contemporary process and governance.
We are seeking two IT Products Owners to look after different portfolios encompassing functions in both our ASP business and our global Corporate head office. These two portfolios are:
- People – Human Resources; Health, Safety and Environment and Corporate Communications; and
- Commercial and Legal – Finance, Risk, Procurement, Credit Management, International Markets and Legal.
What will you do?
Be responsible for ensuring the delivery of exceptional solutions and service to these critical business areas. You will become a specialist across business operations, strategy and financial oversight whilst facilitating the transformation and uplift of BlueScope’s technology environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Deep relationship management and partnering;
- Owning the technology roadmap (aligned to the broader IT strategy) for these business areas;
- Advice and recommendation on technology solutions;
- Identify technical and non-technical opportunities for improvement;
- Project Management oversight; and
- Financial Control.
What are the benefits?
These positions can be based in Wollongong NSW or Mt Waverley, VIC. Working for BlueScope you will enjoy:
- working in a collaborative team that embraces diversity and flexible work environments;
- competitive remuneration package with attractive Superannuation options
- opportunity to participation in a performance incentive program; and
- access to development, training and career growth.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for professionals with application portfolio management experience. You will possess a deep understanding of how technology will and can be an enabler for your business portfolio. Your extensive IT industry experience will see you able to demonstrate:
- previous success in managing a portfolio of IT change work;
- ability to identify emerging technology and develop and implement this to ensure optimal business benefit;
- strategic technology planning, information systems coordination and demand management;
- proven ability to develop relationships with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders;
- service management experience within a multi-vendor environment; and
- prior experience in developing and managing budgets.
Your career must include the confluence of technology and functional business operations. Techno-functional consulting or technology service delivery experience and skills will serve you well.
A tertiary qualification in an IT or related discipline is required.
We're proud to have been named an Inclusive Employer for 2019–2020 by the Diversity Council of Australia. We believe that our people are our strength. Having a diverse and inclusive workplace enables us to improve our capability and ensure continued, sustainable success.
We know that workplace flexibility can mean something different to everyone. Under our B-Flex initiative all of our roles have some degree of flexibility. We encourage you to discuss your needs with us.
Applications close Sunday 1st November 2020.