Mechanical Project Engineer, Lyndhurst VIC
- Lyndhurst VIC 3975, Australia
At BlueScope Building Components (BBC), we are renowned for our delivery of high quality and innovative customer solutions through our market leading brands including Lysaght and Fielders. We use 100% Australian Steel Products and are an integral part of BlueScope – Australia’s largest steelmaker.
The Mechanical Project Engineer supports the BlueScope Building Components (BBC) manufacturing business at the production equipment level, ensuring existing and new equipment produces our products safely, efficiently and to QA standards. This role seeks and develops opportunities to automate production systems and identifies new technologies that lead to reduced costs, increased capacity and/or improved product quality. This role can be based at either Minchinbury NSW or Lyndhurst VIC.
- Deliver continuous improvement projects to support the BBC businesses with the integration of automation opportunities;
- Liaise with operations managers to develop project strategies to meet business outcomes & influence business stakeholders to adopt new technologies and automation solutions;
- Lead and/or assist in the design of equipment and tooling used in the forming of BBC metal products;
- Assist maintenance groups in diagnosis of roll forming & other equipment issues; and
- Manage project execution as per planned scope and schedule and ensure safety standards are always met.
Who are we looking for?
We require someone with a mechanical aptitude and be qualified in either Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronics Engineering. You will have background and experience in an industrial manufacturing environment.
In addition to having knowledge and experience with equipment design and maintenance you will also have:
- Demonstrated ability to work individually as well as within a team;
- A deep understanding of manufacturing processes & the ability to analyse & identify opportunities for improvement;
- Success in the implementation of identified process improvements;
- Knowledge of failure mechanisms in mechanical systems;
- A portfolio of engineered equipment designs implemented where operational requirements have been met or exceeded;
- Demonstrated ability to develop detailed and accurate equipment specifications and proven project management skills;
- Proficient in a CAD solid modelling application; and
- Strong relationship management skills with equipment suppliers and other stakeholders.
We're proud to have been named an Inclusive Employer for 2019–2020 by the Diversity Council of Australia. We believe that our people are our strength. Having a diverse and inclusive workplace enables us to improve our capability and ensure continued, sustainable success.
We know that workplace flexibility can mean something different to everyone. Under our B-Flex initiative all of our roles have some degree of flexibility. We encourage you to discuss your needs with us.
Applications close Friday 30th October 2020.