Leading Hand (Afternoon Shift), Albury NSW
- Albury NSW, Australia
At BlueScope Building Components (BBC), we are renowned for our delivery of high quality and innovative customer solutions through our market leading brands including Lysaght and Fielders. We use 100% Australian Steel Products and are an integral part of BlueScope – Australia’s largest steelmaker.
Lysaght has manufacturing operations in numerous locations and in Albury we make and supply a range of steel building products. We roll form steel building components that service a wide range of industries. Components include purlins, fencing, roof sheets, and shed packs to name several.
We are looking for a Leading Hand to support and lead a team of 5 operators in their day to day operations, allocation and planning of work load and ensure safety standards are maintained. This role will see you work on the afternoon shift, working Monday to Friday, 3pm to 11:30pm with potential overtime as well as potential Saturday work.
Reporting to the Operations Supervisor this position will provide autonomous leadership and guidance to staff.
- Champion safety and coordinate team member activities;
- Coordinate work schedules to ensure customer product orders and deliveries are being be met;
- Support and/or guide the resolution of any operations issues that may arise on shift;
- Loading and unloading of trucks;
- Ensure load, load capacity and restraints are compliant; and
- Lead staff in an autonomous manner in the absence of the Operations Supervisor.
Who are looking for?
If you have well-developed experience leading a team and safe work practices within an environment that is fast paced, this could support your success.
Importantly you are a leader that takes pride in the team’s work. You will facilitate an engaged environment of continuous improvement, leveraging the experience and knowledge within the team.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Commitment to safety, quality and people;
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills to influence others;
- Dedication to business strategy and customer service excellence;
- Forklift licence and experience; and
- Ability to problem solve and deal with ambiguity.
What are the benefits?
- On-the-job-training to learn our products and systems;
- Supportive and friendly team environment who work together to achieve their goals; and
- Access to further development and career opportunities.
We're proud to have been named an Inclusive Employer for 2019–2020 by the Diversity Council of Australia. We believe that our people are our strength. Having a diverse and inclusive workplace enables us to improve our capability and ensure continued, sustainable success.
We know that workplace flexibility can mean something different to everyone. Under our B-Flex initiative all of our roles have some degree of flexibility. We encourage you to discuss your needs with us.
Applications close Wednesday 16th September 2020.