Customer Service Representative (12 months fixed term), Gillman SA
- Gillman SA 5013, Australia
At BlueScope Building Components (BBC), we are renowned for our delivery of high quality and innovative customer solutions through our market leading brands including Lysaght and Fielders. We use 100% Australian Steel Products and are an integral part of BlueScope – Australia’s largest steelmaker.
We currently have an opportunity for an enthusiastic, team orientated individual to join our team at Gillman SA as a Customer Service Representative on a 12 months fixed term contract. This is a wonderful opportunity to work in a proactive environment and demonstrate your passion for exceptional customer service.
Reporting to the Customer Service Manager, you will be responsible for entering & processing customer orders in an accurate and timely manner. You will interact with a variety of customers via phone, email and face to face, as well as liaise with the production and despatch department on site to ensure high quality service is provided to our customer base.
Who are we looking for?
Previous experience in an internal sales/customer service role will be highly advantageous however it will be your passion for customer service together with your high attention to detail, self-motivation and enthusiasm to problem solve that will ensure your continued success! Computer competency is essential, so you can learn our systems.
Skills & Experience:
- Maintain and enhance relationships with internal and external customers;
- Create sales opportunities through enthusiastic and proactive selling;
- Self-driven, professional, confident & the ability to work autonomously as well as a team player;
- Strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills;
- Strong customer focus with the ability to resolve issues effectively and efficiently;
- Sound computer skills, exposure to SAP and Salesforce would be great but not essential; and
- Commitment to your safety and that of others.
What are the benefits?
You gain exposure to a variety of internal and external stakeholders, providing you with a broader understanding of business operations.
Work within a supportive workplace culture that strives for great results and will provide you with the training and guidance required to make you successful in this role.
We're proud to have been named an Inclusive Employer for 2019–2020 by the Diversity Council of Australia. We believe that our people are our strength. Having a diverse and inclusive workplace enables us to improve our capability and ensure continued, sustainable success.
We know that workplace flexibility can mean something different to everyone. Under our B-Flex initiative all of our roles have some degree of flexibility. We encourage you to discuss your needs with us.