State Maintenance Manager, Archerfield QLD
- Archerfield QLD 4108, Australia
At BlueScope Building Components (BBC), we are renowned for our delivery of high quality and innovative customer solutions through our market leading brands including Lysaght and Fielders. We use 100% Australian Steel Products and are an integral part of BlueScope – Australia’s largest steelmaker.
You will oversee the maintenance function for the South-East Queensland sites and provide direct support and guidance to 2 Maintenance Managers as well as the contractors on those sites. This position is accountable for ensuring equipment and maintenance processes and procedures are optimised, maintained and continually enhanced for the state.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Lead an experienced team of mechanical, electrical and trades specialists;
- Provide timely advice and resolutions for immediate and unplanned equipment matters;
- Undertake a review of current equipment and maintenance activities, processes and systems;
- Develop the maintenance strategy and plan aligned to business objectives;
- Project management of capital expenditure;
- Translate the maintenance plan into clear actions and guidelines for the state;
- Ensure all BBC branches within QLD are compliant with relevant Maintenance standards, acts, policies and legislation; and
- Lead and/or participate in projects as well as Lean and OEE improvement initiatives.
Key to your success in this role will be establishing positive working relationships with business stakeholders such as the Maintenance Managers, Operations Manager, State Manager, Shift Supervisors as well as Branch Managers and their Operational staff.
Who are we looking for?
Your well-developed interpersonal skills will enable you to influence and communicate meaningfully with business stakeholders. You will ideally also possess:
- applied knowledge of manufacturing asset maintenance and reliability techniques;
- demonstrated understanding of manufacturing processes (e.g. Maintenance Management Systems, Maintenance Strategies and Overall Equipment Effectiveness); and
- previous experience leading and supervising personnel.
What are the benefits?
Working with the Operations Manager, you will have significant exposure to exciting strategic initiatives and projects. For those with further aspirations, this is a position where your success will be recognised and could lead to further career opportunities in the business.
We're proud to have been named an Inclusive Employer for 2019–2020 by the Diversity Council of Australia. We believe that our people are our strength. Having a diverse and inclusive workplace enables us to improve our capability and ensure continued, sustainable success.
We know that workplace flexibility can mean something different to everyone. Under our B-Flex initiative all of our roles have some degree of flexibility. We encourage you to discuss your needs with us.
Applications close Sunday 16th August 2020