Graduate - Technology Engineer, Wollongong NSW
- Wollongong NSW 2500, Australia
BlueScope is a technically advanced supplier of steel and steel products in Australia. We are an inclusive organisation and every day we showcase our technology and expertise throughout the world.
In this exciting role, working within Iron and Steelmaking Technology you will support Cokemaking and Ironmaking operations within Australian Steel Products at Port Kembla.
The Coke and Iron Technology department is seeking a Graduate Engineer to join their dynamic team. Reporting to the Coke and Iron Technology Manager, your role is an integral part of the daily operations of the unit.
You will add value through practising a scientific and systematic approach to the analysis of plant operations. From this analysis, the Technology Engineer then provides technical advice & support to Operations. The primary focus of this role is on professional growth and building a detailed metallurgical knowledge of one of the Ironmaking processes (coke, sinter and blast furnace). This knowledge is then applied to develop recommendations on improvement opportunities.
Your key objectives will be to:
- Deliver safely, the outputs expected in the Iron & Steelmaking Technology business plan on a month to month, year to year basis;
- Deliver continuous improvement outcomes in the production of Coke, Sinter or Iron. Focus on cost performance, quality performance and process improvement; and
- Be recognised as a developing technical/ metallurgical expert in one of the following: Cokemaking, Ore Preparation or Blast Furnace quality & production.
Who are we looking for?
To be considered for this role you will be in your final year of study or have obtained a relevant tertiary qualification within the last three years with a minimum credit average. Previous exposure or work experience within a Materials Engineering or Process Engineering environment would be advantageous.
To be eligible you will be available to work full-time and start immediately. You must also be an Australian Citizen or hold Australian Permanent Resident status.
Could you please include a copy of your academic transcript as part of your application.
What are the benefits?
You will receive the following:
- opportunity to launch and develop your career with an iconic Australian organisation;
- competitive remuneration on offer; and
- chance to work in a dynamic team environment
We believe that our people are our strength. Having a diverse and inclusive workplace enables us to improve our capability and ensure continued, sustainable success.
Often it’s the small changes at work that make a big difference and we know that flexibility means different things to different people. Under BlueScope’s B Flex initiative, all roles at BlueScope have some level of flexibility—some more than others. We encourage you to discuss flexible needs and options with us.
Applications close 31 January 2020.