Team Leader - Mechanical Maintenance , Wollongong NSW
- Wollongong NSW 2500, Australia
BlueScope is a technically advanced supplier of steel and steel products in Australia. We are an inclusive organisation and every day we showcase our technology and expertise throughout the world.
Reporting to the Asset Manager, you will provide clear and effective leadership to the mechanical maintenance team; this will ensure that equipment is maintained to maximise uptime performance and improve plant condition in a cost-effective, safe and environmentally responsible manner. You will be required to manage a high performing team in a dynamic and exciting manufacturing environment. Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Manage team members in the areas of performance, timekeeping, leave, training and personal development;
- Deliver maintenance outcomes in the areas of safety, cost, efficiency and strategy;
- Manage the overall asset strategy to ensure that maintenance activities are aligned with business requirements; and
- Establish a culture of continuous improvement to eliminate waste and improve team performance.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced and motivated maintenance leader. Ideally, your experience will include the following:
- relevant trade or engineering qualifications;
- experience in front-line management of people and maintenance work teams;
- competence in the application of maintenance management systems and processes (manufacturing excellence/lean practices is highly desirable); and
- effective communication skills, influencing ability and sound decision-making skills.
What are the benefits?
In the role, you will receive these benefits:
- Day shift position, 38 hour per week, Monday to Friday;
- an attractive salary package and superannuation; and
- the opportunity to grow, learn and develop your career.
- Mechanical trade qualification
We believe that our people are our strength. Having a diverse and inclusive workplace enables us to improve our capability and ensure continued, sustainable success.
Applications close Friday 4 October 2019.