Operations Supervisor, Townsville QLD
- Townsville QLD 4810, Australia
At BlueScope Building Components (BBC), we are renowned for our delivery of high quality and innovative customer solutions through our market leading brands including Lysaght and Fielders. We use 100% Australian Steel Products and are an integral part of BlueScope – Australia’s largest steelmaker.
BlueScope has manufacturing and distribution centres in numerous locations and in Townsville we service a large and active market by supplying a diverse range of quality building products that are highly valued by the construction/building sector. Our products include Colorbond© steel roofing, wall cladding, rainwater goods, solutions such as fascia & gutter systems and home improvements such as fencing, carports and patios. We also have structural solutions including purlins, Bondek & custom flashings for all uses, just to name a few.
We are looking for an Operations Supervisor to join our team. Reporting to the Branch Manager, you will be required to guide and supervise the areas of safety, people, quality, training and governance. This will see you:
- Plan and coordinate work schedules across the shift teams to meet product orders and deliveries;
- Resolve or escalate unplanned issues that arise on shift including engaging appropriate contractors for equipment repairs; and
- Conduct regular site walks throughout shifts to provide proactive support and guidance to staff.
Who are we looking for?
Steel industry experience is not required. Your well-developed experience leading a team with a focus on safety and improvement will support your success. You will also possess:
- exposure to an operations and/or logistics environment that worked to short lead times;
- good communication skills with experience in stakeholder management and negotiation;
- demonstrated experience coaching and motivating front line staff;
- proven ability to learn and use computer systems (e.g. ERP systems such as SAP); and
- training in frontline management courses would be desirable.
What are the benefits?
Working in dynamic environment, you will have meaningful impact on team and business outcomes. The successful candidate will enjoy:
- Monday to Friday working days;
- competitive remuneration package;
- access to further development and career opportunities in BlueScope.
- Driver’s Licence;
- Forklift Licence (advantage); and
- Gantry Crane Licence (advantage).
We believe that our people are our strength. Having a diverse and inclusive workplace enables us to improve our capability and ensure continued, sustainable success.
Applications close Sunday 29 September 2019.