Shift Team Leader, Campbellfield VIC
- Campbellfield VIC 3061, Australia
At BlueScope Building Components (BBC), we are renowned for our delivery of high quality and innovative customer solutions through our market leading brands including Lysaght and Fielders. We use 100% Australian Steel Products and are an integral part of BlueScope – Australia’s largest steelmaker.
Fielders has manufacturing and distribution centres in numerous locations and in Campbellfield, Vic. we service a large and active market by supplying a diverse range of quality building products that are highly valued by the construction/building sector.
Reporting to the Branch Manager you will provide support in managing staff and operations across the afternoon shift which runs 3:00pm to 11:00pm. Your duties will be varied, and you will have oversight of all facets of the site operations in the evenings. You will be required to:
- Ensure safety and company standards and guidelines are always followed;
- Assist coordinating work schedules and loads so customer product orders and deliveries are met;
- Ensure load, load capacity and restraints are compliant; and
- Lead and manage staff in the absence of the Operations Supervisor or Branch Manager.
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking an enthusiastic and autonomous individual who has experience leading managing a small team, preferable from a manufacturing/supply chain environment. Whilst a background in building components or steel products will be an advantage, we encourage people to apply that come from other industry sectors.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills to influence others;
- Dedication to production, manufacturing and distribution excellence;
- Ability to problem solve and deal with ambiguity;
- Demonstrated experience managing people and their performance.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be responsible for the afternoon shift. You will be provided with support and a long-term opportunity to further develop your career. Diversity is important to us and we welcome you to apply if you have the ability and experience required.
What are the benefits?
BlueScope is a great place to work. We will provide you with training, systems and processes that will enable you to be successful. You will work with colleagues that are passionate about their career, safety and customer service.
We believe that our people are our strength. Having a diverse and inclusive workplace enables us to improve our capability and ensure continued, sustainable success.
Applications close Thursday, 3 October 2019..