Asset Leader-Logistics, Wollongong NSW
- Wollongong NSW 2500, Australia
BlueScope is a technically advanced supplier of steel and steel products in Australia. We are an inclusive organisation and every day we showcase our technology and expertise throughout the world.
Working in our Manufacturing-Processing & Logistics team based in Port Kembla the Assets Leader-Logistics will be responsible for the management of the rail network and other infrastructure. Your role will develop corrective and periodic maintenance plans, lead the coordination of rail activities and provide engineering expertise related to rail infrastructure.
Other responsibilities include:
- Lead strategic safety improvement initiatives internally and with key service providers;
- Minimise operational costs in line with organisational objectives;
- Manage and build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders; and
- Ensure facilities and rail networks are maintained to appropriate standards within budgetary requirements.
Who are we looking for?
An Engineering professional with either Mechanical/Electrical/Civil experience with strong background in Asset Management. You will also have demonstrated experience in planning, problem solving, collaborative and consultative processes and can build good relationships with suppliers. You will have the ability to work flexibly and adapt to a multiple stakeholder environment.
What are the benefits?
- A competitive remuneration package and incentive scheme;
- Training and development to fulfil your role providing a career path; and
- Working in an organization renowned for its safety standards, high quality products and supportive team culture.
We believe that our people are our strength. Having a diverse and inclusive workplace enables us to improve our capability and ensure continued, sustainable success.
Often it’s the small changes at work that make a big difference and we know that flexibility means different things to different people. All roles at BlueScope have some level of flexibility—some more than others. We encourage you to discuss flexible needs and options with us.
Applications close Monday 30th September 2019.