Team Member, Bendigo VIC
- Bendigo VIC 3550, Australia
At Metalcorp, we know that our success depends on our people and we place great value on recognising and rewarding achievement. We are proudly a BlueScope business—Australia’s largest steelmaker. Each and every day, we pride ourselves on the ability to maintain a high level of service whilst providing Australia’s largest range of metal products.
Reporting to the Warehouse Supervisor, this is your chance to secure a satisfying and enjoyable role within a great team. You will be responsible for receiving and storing materials, assembling and loading orders, dispatch duties and equipment operation.
This role will offer variety and scope for an enthusiastic team player who enjoys the full spectrum of a busy workplace. Safety is at the core of everything we do and as such we are seeking a team member who has a strong belief and good attitude towards safety, including a willingness to support and encourage others to behave safely in everything we do.
You will be responsible for:
- Safe loading and unloading of trucks and trailers;
- Product movement using forklift and overhead cranes;
- Cutting steel to length using a variety of saws (training provided);
- The safety of yourself and your co-workers; and
- Customer service.
You will have:
- Strong communication, problem solving and self management skills;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced working environment;
- A strong focus on customer satisfaction;
- Intemediate computer skills;
- High attention to detail; and
- High commitment to safety.
What are the benefits?
- Permanent position;
- Flexible and diverse workforce;
- A culture that strives for Zero Harm; and
- Commitment to your on-going training and career development.
Metalcorp values diversity and promotes an inclusive and supportive work environment. We are committed to your safety, learning and development. Metalcorp is an equal opportunity employer. People from diverse backgrounds, including female and indigenous applicants are highly sought and encouraged to apply.
Applications close Tuesday 17th September 2019.