Building Construction Specialist, Acacia Ridge QLD
- Acacia Ridge QLD 4110, Australia
BlueScope is a technically advanced supplier of steel and steel products in Australia. We are an inclusive organisation and every day we showcase our technology and expertise throughout the world.
We have an exciting opportunity for a building construction professional looking for a new challenge. As the subject-matter expert (SME), you will provide technical advice to our sales team and our residential building customers about our Truecore® steel brand.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Provide value-adding construction expertise during the pre-sales, negotiation and implementation phase of the sales process;
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of current and emerging building construction methods and trends to support residential builder sales teams to achieve and maintain customer growth;
- Identify opportunities for future product and building systems innovation;
- Provide ongoing support to builders through continual education and troubleshooting; and
- Partner with our training organisations to help provide training to apprentices and industry tradespeople to work with steel products.
Who are we looking for?
Key to this role is your sound knowledge and experience in building and construction site management; you will be a credible source of information for our Customers and Sales team. You will have experience in the following:
- trade qualifications in building and construction or a related discipline;
- well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to adapt your communication style to suit your audience;
- commercial acumen; and
- an understanding of relevant OH&S and building regulatory codes and requirements.
What are the benefits?
You will receive the following:
- a competitive remuneration package, tools of trade equipment (car, phone and laptop) and yearly performance incentive scheme;
- access to training and development as well as further career opportunities across BlueScope; and
- the chance to work for an iconic Australian organisation with room to progress your career.
We believe that our people are our strength. Having a diverse and inclusive workplace enables us to improve our capability and ensure continued, sustainable success.
Often it’s the small changes at work that make a big difference and we know that flexibility means different things to different people. All roles at BlueScope have some level of flexibility—some more than others. We encourage you to discuss flexible needs and options with us.