Structural Engineer-Sales, Minchinbury NSW.
- Minchinbury NSW 2770, Australia
At BlueScope Building Components (BBC), we are renowned for our delivery of high quality and innovative customer solutions through our market leading brands including Lysaght and Fielders. We use 100% Australian Steel Products and are an integral part of BlueScope – Australia’s largest steelmaker.
Reporting to the Commercialisation Manager, we are looking for a Structural Engineer-Sales to initially provide engineering expertise to the Research and Development team across our business based in Minchinbury. You will be provided with specific training and support so you can transition into an external customer facing and sales role across NSW.
Working within the specification team you will support the selling of engineering services and BlueScope products to engineers, builders and developers.
You will be responsible for the management and delivery of innovative engineering solutions and providing advice for engineering, design and documentation projects.
Your role will primarily:
- Provide engineering support to develop products, systems and software;
- Train and support stakeholders (sales, engineers, operations, customers) on the optimised use of products and solutions;
- Through business development & sales opportunities you will provide business solutions to our customers;
- In identifying opportunities for new product solutions, you will test your designs in our registered laboratory; and
- Attend events to expand your industry knowledge and professional network.
What we are looking for?
We are looking for a Structural Engineer who has the technical ability to provide solutions and recommendations to customers as well as an interest in advancing their career into Sales.
You will possess a passion for innovation, change and can make customer and market decisions with high attention to detail. Dealing with internal and external stakeholders you have an ability to communicate and present at all levels both technically and non-technical.
You will have design experience in post-tensioned slabs with strong RAPT skills as well as experience in design and detailing of steel structures.
Your ability to develop yourself and others, as well as drive accountability will see you succeed in this role. You will have a demonstrated commitment to safety and the team to provide support and advise in ensuring best practice across our business.
What are the benefits?
- a competitive remuneration package and attractive superannuation;
- access to further career development and opportunities at BlueScope; and
- work for an iconic Australian business with global operations.
We believe that our people are our strength. Having a diverse and inclusive workplace enables us to improve our capability and ensure continued, sustainable success.
Applications close 2nd July 2019.