Senior Web Backend Engineer
- 27th Main Rd, PWD Quarters, 1st Sector, HSR Layout, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
We provide industry-leading objective metrics in software development using our proprietary Coding Effort Analytics.
We enable large organisations to deliver better software, faster and at lower cost, with technology that pushes the limits of complex analytics on large data-sets with more than 15 billion static source code metric observations of software engineers working in an Enterprise software development environment.
Founded in 2006 and Headquartered in London, BlueOptima is a profitable, high-growth independent software company.
We currently are located in 4 countries: London (our HQ), Mexico and India. A total number of 170+ employees (and increasing every day) from 22 different nationalities and 20 languages are spoken.
BlueOptima is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Whom are we looking for?
- The ideal candidate will be a tech enthusiast, driven by excellence and keen to grow into a leader of a group of talented engineers. You will be a part of a self-managed Agile team, improve the development process, bring new ideas and propose changes in methodology, management, and organization.
- Our groundbreaking technology requires highly skilled and talented Web Backend Developers to understand the depth of the problem and devise a solution for it.
- We are seeking a Software Engineer, with a depth of experience in developing Web Applications enabled using REST APIs and backed by a data warehouse solution, to join our growing company and be a part of our success story. We are looking for an individual with great attention to detail, who is genuine, confident, committed, and not only passionate about technology but excited to work in a fun and friendly start-up environment. The ideal candidate will be passionate about technology and getting things to work while at the same time being able to mentor (and lead) other engineers by way of example to achieve excellence in their work.
What does the role involve?
As a Senior Web Backend Senior Engineer, you will be responsible for creating REST APIs which are used to drive the User Interface. Given the nature of the application, these APIs need to be very efficient and high-performing. This requires optimizing queries for faster execution and introducing database changes that may be required.
You would be working with a complex technology stack that includes (but is not limited to) Spring, Hibernate, HornetQ, Quartz, etc. This requires an extensive understanding of transaction management and data handling across different application layers.
In addition to the technical ownership, you will also be involved in detailing requirements for requested functionalities and be responsible for providing technical insight into how requirements will be implemented and made available to users. Accurate estimation of tasks and planning are qualities we look for in our engineers.
- Develop, test, implement and maintain application software.
- Take part in software and architectural development activities.
- Debug application issues and help support respond to client queries.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to peers - and be keen to grow into a leader.
- Provide accurate estimates, clearly communicate the status of tasks and identification of risks.
- Commit to accomplishing the task in the fastest and most reliable way.
- Performance tuning of application code at different service levels.
- Interact with customers and help address issues reported.
DESIRABLE SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Understanding of testNg/JUnit.
- Unix/Windows shell and related command-line tools.
- Experience in Continuous Integration and deployment tools such as Jenkins.
- Experience with database partitioning and column Indexing.
- Experience with query optimization techniques.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 4+ years of experience with Java and J2EE/Java EE - Strong understanding of Java concurrency, concurrency patterns, experience building thread-safe code.
- Experience with Spring and Hibernate/ ORM.
- Experience building RESTful web services.
- Understanding of SQL concepts and ability to write optimized and high performing queries.
- Technical skills that will be a plus: Jira/Git, testNg/JUnit, web application servers, database partitioning, and column Indexing.
Why join our team?
- Above market remuneration.
- Stimulating challenges that fully utilize your skills.
- Work on real-world technical problems to which solution cannot simply be found on the internet.
- Working alongside other passionate, talented engineers and International teams.
- Our fast-growing company offers the potential for rapid career progression.