- Bengaluru / Gurugram, India, Bengaluru, KA, India
BlueOptima provides industry-leading objective metrics in software development using our proprietary Coding Effort Analytics. We enable large organisations to deliver better software, faster and at a lower cost. Founded in 2006, BlueOptima is a profitable, high-growth independent software company. Our unique technology was initially devised in seminal research carried out at Cambridge University.
Our HQ is in London, UK with 5 additional global offices in India and Mexico.
BlueOptima’s technology is deployed by global enterprises to drive value from their software development activities. We work with 12 of the Fortune 50 Companies, 4 of the top 10 biggest banks by Market Capital and 6 of the S&P 50 Companies (by revenue).
Our technology is pushing the limits of complex analytics on large data-sets with more than 15 billion static source code metric observations of software engineers working in an Enterprise software development environment.
BlueOptima Mission: To maximise the economic and social value that software engineering organisations are capable of delivering.
BlueOptima Vision: BlueOptima will be the global reference for the optimisation of the performance of Software Engineers.
BlueOptima is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Whom are we looking for?
Our groundbreaking technology requires highly skilled and talented people to quickly grasp technical challenges and devise solutions for them.
We are seeking a Front End Software Engineer, with experience working on complex User Interface built on data warehouse solutions, to join our growing company and be a part of our success story. We are looking for an individual with great attention to detail, who is genuinely committed, confident and excited to work in an engaging and dynamic start-up environment. The ideal candidate will be passionate about technology and getting things to work while also leading by example in a team of skilled UI engineers to inspire excellence in their work.
What does the role involve?
This role requires an engineer with a thorough understanding of UI development principles and, in addition, a solid understanding of Front-end technologies; in order to understand the Product as a whole and effectively communicate with the Back-end teams.
You will also be communicating with the users of the product on a regular basis to understand our clients’ requirements for the user interface and accordingly create requirements and plans to address them.
You would be working on a complex single-page web application, which is data-heavy and involves a great deal of report generation. The application is built on AngularJS and uses various other libraries for customization and generating charts (like HighCharts, D3, etc.).
- Participate and perform code review that aligns to required standards of security, performance, and code quality.
- Interact with the users of the Interface to understand varying use cases and record requirements.
- Work with the Support team to resolve issues raised by users and/or provide quick workarounds for significant issues.
- Participate in solution architecture design and implementation.
- Commitment to accomplishing the task at hand and identify the fastest and most reliable way to solve a problem.
- Performance tuning of application code at different service levels and incorporating design changes to improve performance of the application.
- Work closely with the QA team to ensure understanding of the implications of your UI implementation, how best they can test it, and which areas may require specific focus.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Minimum 4+ years of working experience on UI development.
- Minimum 2+ years of hands-on experience with any modern JS framework i.e. React, Angular, Vue.
- Strong understanding of browser compatibility issues and cross-browser implementation and testing.
- Strong understanding of profiling application performance on different browsers, including measuring of memory used.
- Strong understanding of UI usability aspects and working with Single Page Web Application.
- Thorough understanding of RESTful web services and experience working with them.
- Ability to understand business and functional requirements specifications.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and time management skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
DESIRABLE SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with UI (Integration test, E2E, BDD) testing (e.g. Protractor, selenium, Cucumber).
- Experience in CI/CD tools e.g. Jenkins.
- Experience using task tracking systems like Jira and distributed version control systems like Git.
- Experience using build tools e.g. grunt, gulp.
- Experience with using NodeJS to emulate server and host applications locally. without deployment on an app server.
- Experience with responsive design and/or material, flexbox, grid design.
- Experience working together with Product Manager and Design teams.
Why work for us?
- Above market remuneration.
- Stimulating challenges that fully utilise your skills.
- Great modern office in ideal location and with free coffee and beer.
- Travel opportunities to BlueOptima's international offices.
- Work on real-world technical problems to which solution cannot simply be found on the internet.
- Working alongside other passionate, talented engineers.
- Our fast-growing company offers the potential for rapid career progression.