Senior Front End Developer
- Av Naciones Unidas 5573, Vallarta Universidad, 45110 Zapopan, Jal., Mexico
Who are we?
We provide industry-leading objective metrics in software development using our proprietary Coding Effort Analytics.
We enable large organisations to deliver better software, faster and at lower cost, with technology that pushes the limits of complex analytics on large data-sets with more than 15 billion static source code metric observations of software engineers working in an Enterprise software development environment.
Founded in 2006 and Headquartered in London, BlueOptima is a profitable, high-growth independent software company. Our unique technology was initially devised in seminal research carried out at Cambridge University enabling us to expand our offices to New York, Phoenix, Bangalore, Gurgaon and Guadalajara.
BlueOptima is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Whom are we looking for?
This role requires an engineer with a thorough understanding of UI development principles and, in addition, a solid understanding of Front-end technologies; in order to understand the Product as a whole and effectively communicate with the Back-end teams.
You will also be communicating with the users of the product on a regular basis to understand our clients’ requirements for the user interface and accordingly create requirements and plans to address them.
You would be working on a complex single-page web application, which is data-heavy and involves a great deal of report generation. The application is built on AngularJS and uses various other libraries for customization and generating charts (like HighCharts, D3, etc.).
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum 2+ years of hands-on experience with any modern JS framework i.e. React, Angular, Vue
- Strong understanding of browser compatibility issues and cross-browser implementation and testing
- Strong understanding of profiling application performance on different browsers, including measuring of memory used
- Strong understanding of UI usability aspects and working with Single Page Web Application
- Thorough understanding and experience of RESTful web services
- Ability to understand business and functional requirements specifications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and time management skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
DESIRABLE SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with UI (Integration test, E2E, BDD) testing (e.g. Protractor, selenium, Cucumber)
- Experience in CI/CD tools e.g. Jenkins
- Experience using task tracking system like Jira and distributed version control system like Git
- Experience using using build tools e.g. grunt, gulp
- Experience with using NodeJS to emulate server and host application locally without deployment on an app-server.
- Experience with responsive design and/or material, flexbox, grid design
- Experience working together with Product Manager and Design teams
Why work for us?
- Above market remuneration
- Above market vacations
- Potential stock options
- Major Medical Insurance (Dental, Vision, maternity and abroad emergencies support)
- Gym, Spa, medical lab, psychological and physical therapy discounts
- Great modern office in an ideal location and with free coffee and beer
- Travel opportunities to BlueOptima's international offices including worldwide annual retreats
- Work on real-world problems to which solution cannot simply be found on the internet
- Our fast-growing company offers the potential for rapid career progression