- Av Providencia 2411, Providencia, 44630 Guadalajara, Jal., Mexico
BlueOptima is an Equal Opportunities employer.
We provide industry-leading objective metrics in software development using our proprietary Coding Effort Analytics. Founded in 2006, BlueOptima is a high-growth independent software company. Our unique technology was initially devised in seminal research carried out at Cambridge University.
Headquartered in London with offices in New York, Bangalore, Gurgaon and Guadalajara. We work with Fortune 500 companies including nine of the world’s top twelve largest Universal Banks and three of the world’s top ten telecommunications companies. Our technology is pushing the limits of complex analytics on large data-sets with more than 15 billion static source code metric observations of software engineers working in an Enterprise software development environment.
We are seeking a highly skilled and talented individual to maintain, and improve our cloud environment, as well as provide technical support for resolving office hardware and network issues for our Guadalajara location.
Should have experience in building and managing scalable Linux and Windows environments hosted on AWS and on-premise infrastructure. In this role, you will be involved significantly in taking on several new initiatives to enhance and scale our applications, and to model, test, and capture performance bottlenecks and stability issues, at the application level, in a complex distributed environment. If you are a technology expert, with a desire to learn, and participate in the mutual growth, of the organisation and yourself, this is the right challenge for you.
Support On Premise and AWS Network infrastructure such as inbound/outbound network connectivity, Firewalls, DNS, Proxy and VPN.
Support On Premise Compute infrastructure such as business and development laptops/workstations for users in Guadalajara and other locations.
Provide support for AWS Compute infrastructure as well as self hosted servers on premise
Support development and deployment workflows for AWS cloud staging and production environments.
Respond to and remediate infrastructure alarms, and user requests on various communication channels like Service Desk, Chats, etc.
Help in continuous and ongoing refinement of internal processes, cost and operational efficiency.
Automate the automatable; identify and improve pain points and brittleness according to best practices.
Drive change in the organization, ensure accurate DevOps standards and tools are implemented.
Facilitate the needs of internal teams and implement effective coordination between teams in the UK, India and Mexico.
- Around 3 years of technical industry experience in Network and Infrastructure Management
- Experience with Jira Service Desk or similar ticketing software
- Ability to manage and maintain Infrastructure on AWS and On Premise
- Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments
- Familiar with remote troubleshooting techniques
- Experience with Active Directory management
- Experienced in setting up and managing CI/CD tools, like Jenkins
- Well versed in generic system administration tasks (Linux and Windows)
- Good knowledge of security related to cloud-based infrastructure involving both, System and Network security
- Basic understanding of IaC tools
- Experience in Kubernetes clusters deployment and management
Strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware
- Above market remuneration
- Above market vacations
- Major Medical Insurance (Dental, Vision, maternity and abroad emergencies support)
- Gym, Spa, medical lab, psychological and physical therapy discounts
- Great modern office in an ideal location and with free coffee and beer
- Travel opportunities to BlueOptima's international offices including worldwide annual retreats
- Work on real-world problems to which solution cannot simply be found on the internet
- Working alongside other passionate, talented engineers
- Our fast-growing company offers the potential for rapid career progression