Senior Java Software Engineer
- Av Providencia, Providencia 4a. Secc, Guadalajara, Jal., Mexico
ACTIVELY HIRING AMIDST COVID-19
Who are we?
BlueOptima provides industry-leading objective metrics in software development using our proprietary Coding Effort Analytics. We enable large organisations to deliver better software, faster and at a lower cost. Founded in 2006, BlueOptima is a profitable, high-growth independent software company. Our unique technology was initially devised in seminal research carried out at Cambridge University.
Our HQ is in London, UK with 5 additional global offices in India, Mexico and the US.
BlueOptima’s technology is deployed by global enterprises to drive value from their software development activities. We work with 12 of the Fortune 50 Companies, 4 of the top 10 biggest banks by Market Capital and 6 of the S&P 50 Companies (by revenue).
Our technology is pushing the limits of complex analytics on large data-sets with more than 15 billion static source code metric observations of software engineers working in an Enterprise software development environment.
BlueOptima is an Equal Opportunities employer.
BlueOptima Mission: To maximise the economic and social value that software engineering organisations are capable of delivering.
BlueOptima Vision: BlueOptima will be the global reference for the optimisation of the performance of Software Engineers.
Whom are we looking for?
Our groundbreaking technology requires highly skilled and talented Full-stack Developers to understand the depth of the problem and device a solution for it.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer, with a depth of experience in developing Web Applications enabled using REST APIs and backed by a data warehouse solution, to join our growing company and be a part of our success story. We are looking for an individual with great attention to detail, who is genuine, confident, committed and not only passionate about technology, but excited to work in a fun and friendly start-up environment. The ideal candidate will be passionate about technology and getting things to work while at the same time being able to mentor (and lead) other engineers by way of example to achieve excellence in their work
- Coach, Mentor & Lead team to success
- Coach team members in development best practices
- Organize team initiatives to deliver the required solutions to business
- Develop, test, release and maintain application software
- Transform requirements into implementation details
- Collaborate with Application stakeholders to deliver the required functionality to market
- Own end to end SDLC, i.e. from Requirement, Estimation to Release in production
- Debug application issues and helping support respond to client queries
- Provide accurate estimates, clearly communicates the status of tasks and identification of risks
- Commitment to accomplishing the task at hand and identify the fastest and most reliable way to solve a problem
- Performance tuning of application code to satisfy required service levels
- Incorporate design changes to improve performance of the application
- Interact with customers of the application and help address issues reported
- Perform Code Reviews and recommend improvements
Essential skills/experience required:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 4+ years experience with Java and J2EE/Java EE
- 1+ years of experience managing colocated team
- Strong understanding of relational database, normal forms, partitioning and indexing techniques
- Strong understanding of SQL concepts and ability to write optimized and high performing queries
- Strong understanding of Java concurrency, concurrency patterns, experience building thread-safe code
- Strong understanding of multi-threading concepts
- Experience in Unit & Integration testing of the application using TestNg, JUnit or similar framework
- Experience implementing and maintaining continuous integration pipeline in Jenkins
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
Why work for us?
- Compensation is higher than market salary
- Stimulating challenges that fully use your skills, e.g. real-world technical problems to which solution cannot simply be found on the internet
- Working alongside other passionate, talented engineers
- Our fast-growing company offers the potential for rapid career progression