Associate Product Manager
- Newington Causeway, London SE1, UK
ACTIVELY HIRING AMIDST COVID-19
BlueOptima is the only company providing objective software development productivity metrics. The technology has been implemented by some of the world’s largest organisations including insurance companies, telecoms and nine of the world’s top twelve Universal Banks. This successful product uptake has led to the rapid expansion of the company.
Our HQ is in London, UK, and we have offices in New York and Phoenix, USA, Guadalajara, Mexico, Bangalore and Gurgaon, India.
- Interest in Product scoping, requirement gathering, schedule and estimations reviews and validations execution of product decisions, tracking, monitoring and documentation.
- Hands-on experience on planning, risk assessment and mitigation (risks, actions, issues, dependencies and changes), project reports, presentations, organize meetings and capture MOM.
- A reasonable understanding of tools like Google Analytics, JIRA, Excel, etc.
- Excellent organisational, analytical and influencing skills, with proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams within a software organisation
- Be able to easily switch between thinking creatively and analytically.
Whom are we looking for?
A commercially and technically minded individual who is seeking out opportunities to learn and practice the tools and techniques of product management and support the product manager on delivering a market-leading product to our customer base in a timely manner.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Own requirement collection initiatives involving collecting comments and feedback internally from Data Science, Sales & Marketing teams to sanity check the collected requirements with the Engineering team.
- Work across teams to get release prerequisite carried out
- Work with technical writers on generating required release notes and documentation for release.
- Work with a technical writer on product documentation.
- Maintain JIRA structure and track status with the team members.
- Prepare a risk analysis and mitigation plan. Also ensure all the risk elements are identified, analyzed and mitigated throughout the entire product cycle.
- Prepare status reports for the project.
- Rigorously determine customers' needs in a data-driven way and translate client feedback into actionable insights for further developing the product
- Be a clear communicator of product decisions and the rationale behind them. Be comfortable in making decisions without consensus.
- Analyse the impact of product features, decide how to measure whether something is a success or a failure then provide insight so we can continue to improve the product in the right direction.
- Understand markets, competition and customer/user requirements in depth to identify market opportunities, build business cases, and define product vision and strategy.
Qualification and Skills
- Bachelors and/or Master’s degree in computer science background or equivalent.
- Impeccable communication skills both written and verbal.
- Demonstrable analytical skills and a data-driven mindset.
- Good technical understanding, having worked closely with engineering teams.
Your home office will be at BlueOptima’s HQ in London.
Why work for BlueOptima
- International team with informal and motivated culture.
- Deep learning curve to become a rockstar.
- Annual company-wide retreats.
- Freedom to create your own success story in a high-performance environment.
Base Salary: £22K - £26K
OTE: £50K - £65K
If you are interested in joining our fast-moving, close-knit and focused team, please apply!