Senior Quantity Surveyor
- Reading, United Kingdom
We are looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to work for a Tier 1 contractor on a Highway project (between J3-12 SMP), project office based near Reading. The estimated time for completion is 3-4 years. The job description is as follows:
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor, you'll need to:
- Provide commercial support to tendering process when required.
- Understand the impact of commercial and technical changes at strategic level within the customer’s business industry / sector.
- Demonstrates and maintains a high level of commercial and technical knowledge and works closely with the delivery team to develop techniques and solutions to meet business and customer needs.
- Has a high degree of understanding and working knowledge of project start up procedures and is actively involved in the implementation of those procedures when required
- Prepare and advise on a procurement strategy
- Applications for Payment and Invoicing. perform risk, value management and cost control
- Develops a strategy for concluding client negotiations.
- assist in establishing a client's requirements and undertake feasibility studies
- Senior Quantity Surveyor will identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks
- Early identification of project risks and opportunities, prepare and analyse costings for tenders
- Senior Quantity Surveyor will carry out early value engineering activities as part of the project team, ensuring all associated costs of change are included within the evaluation.
- Assists and provides advice on programmes regarding contractual and commercial requirements to mitigate risk, and maximize opportunity.
- Senior Quantity Surveyor will ensures that all necessary contractual notices are put in place, timely and accurately
- Subcontract Administration, provide advice on contractual claims
- Close out project efficiently using a high degree of understanding and working knowledge of project close out processes
- Ensuring appropriate records and information are kept and archived
- Senior Quantity Surveyor willanalyse outcomes and write detailed progress reports, value completed work and arrange payments
Salary for Senior Quantity Surveyor:
Best package for the right candidate + benefits including car etc.Eligible candidates would be provided with lodging allowance, if required.
Desirable work experience and Qualifications :
- Senior Quantity Surveyor must have previous similar experience in Highways and Motorways.
- Relevant degree in Quantity Surveying is essential
- The RICS accredited postgraduate courses is beneficial.
- Further study related to chartership and membership of RICS.
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor, you'll need to show:
- a practical and logical mind and a methodical way of thinking
- a creative and innovative approach to problem solving
- strong numeracy and financial management skills
- the ability to learn sophisticated design and costing IT packages
- the ability to write clear and precise reports and to relate complex information in a simple way to a diverse range of people
- negotiation and team work skills, the ability to motivate and lead those on site