- Research Blvd, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
One of our Clients, located in Rockville, MD. It is an employee-owned professional services corporation located in Rockville, Maryland, USA. Westat provides research services to agencies of the U.S. Government, as well as businesses, foundations, and state and local governments.
Our Client In Rockville, MD is seeking a Java/J2EE Developer to join their development team for a long term contract!
• Propose and design software solutions while working with multiple IT and business teams
• Develop code using industry best practices for maintenance of external/internal web site(s), the web-based system(s).
• Test web applications in multi-platform, cross-browser development.
• Work with QA team, review the test plans and ensure the application is tested for changes accurately
• Optimize server components for maximum speed and scalability
• Ability to work collaboratively with a team on a variety of projects and extend functionality within current web-based applications
• Participate in requirements, design, and code reviews
Skill set required :
• Software Engineer with solid Java and web service development experience
• Proficient in RESTful Web Services, WSDL and related technologies like SOAP, XML, JSON, etc.
• Knowledge of Angular or ReactJS is a plus
• Working knowledge of distributed enterprise architecture
• Strong understanding of git, gitlab, jira, confluence, swagger (api documentation)
• Proficient in translating requirements into design and developing applications
• Proficient in various J2EE technologies, relational database principles, client/server infrastructure
• Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Ability to work independently and in a team setting
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• A Bachelor's degree in a computer science or related field and 10 plus years of relevant experience is required
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.