- 13921 Park Center Rd, Herndon, VA 20171, USA
This position is for one of our Clients, located in Herndon, VA. They deliver secure satellite-based voice, video and data applications with any time and anywhere connectivity in the air, at sea, and on land. They advanced satellite IP solutions are used for critical ISR, airborne, maritime and COTM communications to support force protection, logistics, situational awareness, disaster recovery and emergency response. Building on more than 15 years of global satellite communications experience.
Our Client in Herndon, VA is seeking a Sr. Accountant. This position will report directly to the Assistant Controller and will be responsible for various general accounting functions. This is a challenging hands-on position in which the individual will be asked to work on multiple projects in a given time which will have tight deadlines. It is an exciting position for an individual who wants to work for a fast-paced international company and grow in the corporate accounting field while experiencing the full breadth of the accounting function.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform monthly activities which would include processing journal entries, account reconciliations, account analysis, managing specific accounting system subledgers, etc.
• Research and understand accounting pronouncements impacting the Company
• Assist with documenting and updating processes and procedures (including Desk Level Procedures)
• Evaluate ways to leverage the systems more effectively to improve the existing processes and procedures
• Evaluate monthly activities to determine ways to shorten the "close” cycle
• Assist with completion of internal and external audits
• Other duties which may be assigned as deemed appropriate based on experience and skillsets
Minimum Required Experience and Qualifications:
Education and/or Experience
• BA/BS in accounting
• 5-8 years of experience working within an Accounting organization and at least (3 years participating in close activities
• Must have strong reconciliation skills: Many accountants use erp to automate the reconciliation process. In this job you will need to be able to do accounting in simplest form without a system to automate or aid.
• A mix of public audit and corporate accounting experience a plus
• Experience working in a fast pace/high growth environment where they have shown an ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple projects in a given time.
○ Strong understanding of the full accounting cycle process including purchasing, accounts payable, order management, accounts receivable, fixed assets, general ledger
○ Proficient with all Microsoft Office applications, including strong Excel skills
○ Extensive knowledge of accounting principles and procedures including a good understanding of US GAAP is required
○ Consolidation of legal entities books is required
Bloomforth Teambuilder is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age or genetic information.