Director of IT
- N Kent St, Arlington, VA 22209, USA
This position is for one of our Clients located in Arlington, Virginia. Our Client builds on two decades of proven experience to forge an enhance development capability that is more locally focused, highly trained and empowered with advanced technology, tools and information resources to implement the most effective programs. They bridge the ideas of donors to the desires of communities and design optimal, sustainable solutions.
Vectors Client in Northern Virginia is seeking a Director of Information Technology that will be responsible for leading the internal management systems and systems integration aspect of our Client's Headquarters.
The Director of IT will have mastery of information systems management, knowledge management, administration, organizational IT risk management, and budgeting.
The Director of IT will be a strategic and collaborative business partner with strong problem solving and critical thinking skills. The individual must bring a level of expertise, in providing creative, service-focused business solutions to the entire organization. Strong interpersonal attributes with an ability to create and maintain proactive work relationships will be essential in this role. The Director of IT will lead and manage the oversight of Client's Global IT ensuring that it meets the needs of the organization effectively.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Identify and propose scalable IT solutions necessary to execute Client's strategic plan
- Implement new initiatives on-time and within budget, ensuring staff is kept well-informed and trained on utilizing new systems/processes
- Develop new applications (e.g. mobile) to enhance customer service
- Manage daily IT operations and availability of systems to meet the business requirements of the organization; providing support to domestic and international users (both onsite and remote)
- Supervise, coach and develop IT staff, and oversee vendors to ensure optimal performance
- Develop and maintain all information systems and communication links including a strong online infrastructure and presence
- Develop and maintain disaster recovery and backup strategy and processes
- Maintain thorough and up-to-date documentation of IT processes, procedures and standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, effective leadership and organizational skills
- Proven track record leading and managing multi-functional business development units in a multi-site international setting.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills, proven ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- This leader and manager must be proactive, flexible, analytical, quick to respond to problems and be able to motivate, lead and delegate work.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with the ability to manage multiple and complex assignments within a fast-paced culture of rapidly changing priorities
- 10+ years' experience leading and managing an IT function in a global organization
- Excellent managerial and technical skills
- Excellent project management skills regarding IT programs
- Knowledge of Deltex Costpoint, Time and Attendance and GovWin products. These represent our Client's ERP and system of record
- Knowledge implementing ERP systems. Our Client is in the process of implementing SAP S/4HANA
- Experience working with an internationally deployed ERP system
- Minimum 4 years' cross-functional IT experience including business systems analysis, software development and implementation, desktop support, infrastructure and security
- Minimum 6 years' experience and high level of demonstrated skill in full cycle project planning and management
- Demonstrated skill in strategic thinking, resource management and complex problem solving
- Experience in strategic use of technology in managing and growing a business
- Supervisory and vendor management experience
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline; Master's Degree preferred
This position may require global travel on short notice up to 10%
Normal office work environment. Moderate to frequent travel may be required outside of the US.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.