Quality Assurance Analyst
- Paris, France
- Employees can work remotely
BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading carpooling platform, created with one dream in mind: leveraging technology to fill the millions of empty seats on the road. We offer long- and short-distance carpooling as well as a bus marketplace, with the mission to become the go-to marketplace for shared road mobility.
Today, our community counts over 90 million travelers in 22 countries, creating a smarter, friendlier, and carbon-saving transport network. Every year, our community saves 1.6 million tons of CO2e by sharing the road, equivalent to the CO2 emissions generated by Paris traffic in a year. But it doesn’t stop here – our team of 250+ engineers is developing innovative algorithms to further unlock the potential of shared travel and multiply its impact.
We’re looking for people to join our journey – people who care, who are driven by impact and innovation, and who want to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. We offer a flexible workplace where we count on each other to take initiative. So join the ride – we can’t wait to see where it takes you.
The BlaBlaCar QA team is expanding (we are currently 6 awesome team members!) and we want to make sure that our product quality is unrivaled and our members have the best experience with our different apps. Our fun & serious team cares the most about quality and thanks to this approach we have the trust of the whole engineering and product teams.
- Work closely with Product Managers, developers and UX designers to shape the best product for our members.
- Create test plans and test cases for new features
- Participate in testing effort
- Organize test sessions
- Report on bugs and quality issues
- Contribute to automation efforts
- Define and share best practices within QA meetings
- QA mindset – You have a natural curiosity and experience about how things work, and instinct for how they might break. You can use the app in a way our most curious member would. You can find the most obscure edge cases to test a feature thoroughly.
- Good communication skills: You’re not afraid to reach out to people and can communicate with any stakeholder. You also inspire trust and can make yourself available to others when they need you.
- Passionate about innovation and technology: You’re at ease with Android and iOS devices and have some knowledge on how softwares works (software development knowledge or beta testing experiences would be a plus).
- Active learner: You’re eager to learn and to share knowledge with others. You are able to step out of your comfort zone in order to address new challenges with innovative solutions, experiment and learn from experiences with a positive and open mind, embrace change to always strive for excellence.
If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d still be a great fit for this role in your application!
What we have to offer
- 🌎 An international environment: over 35 nationalities across 7 countries: France, Germany, Spain, Ukraine, Russia, Brazil, Poland.
- 💡 Opportunities to learn: 360 onboarding weeks, weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks to learn about what other teams are up to, International Weeks to mingle with other offices, regular Q&A sessions with our leadership, honest discussions about our company KPIs, ‘Fail, Learn, Succeed’ moments where we destigmatize and share moments of failure with others.
- 🚀 Innovation: Coding Nights to pitch ideas outside our roadmap and make development dreams come true, weekly Product & Tech Demos and blogs to share engineering stories, access to top conferences across Europe.
- 🌱 Impact: building a product that has a real impact on society and the environment, and sharing an office culture that prioritizes low-waste and eco-friendly practices.
- 💜 People-first: wind down from work at our BlaBlaShows, BlaBlaBreak retreats, weekly breakfasts and afterworks (when the sanitary conditions permit it) or meme battles on Slack.
- 🧭 Shared company principles that guide us in our everyday decision-making and bring us closer to our goal. Find out more about our BlaBlaPrinciples.
Your Future Benefits
- 🏡 Tailor-made remote policy: from 2 days per week to full remote (to be discussed with the Talent Acquisition Manager during the first call).
- 💰 A fair & competitive salary package
- 🎈 Holidays: 10 days off in addition to the legal 25 days
- 🌍 Relocation package and visa sponsorship to welcome you wherever you are currently based
- 👶 Parental policy (we are a signatory of the #ParentalAct)
- 🎒 Trainings & career development programs
- 🚗 Free carpooling & 🚌 bus-rides wherever whenever
Interested in joining the ride?
Here’s what your hiring journey will look like:
- a 45-min video-call with one of our Talent Acquisition Managers to get to know you, understand your career expectations and answer your questions
- a 60-min video-call with Remy Gronencheld, our QA manager to know more about your past QA experiences and motivation
- a fully remote exercise to evaluate your technical skills
- a 60-min video-call with 2 team members to discuss about your exercise
- a 30 min video-call with one team member of the BlaBlaCar tech team
- a 30-min video-call with Shannon Vettes, our Head of Program for a final validation
Usually, our hiring process lasts on average 20-25 days, and offers usually come within 48 hours.
BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.