Senior Product Designer - Passenger Experience ( Open to remote from France )
- Paris, France
BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading carpooling platform, created with one dream in mind: leveraging technology to fill the millions of empty seats on the road. We offer long- and short-distance carpooling as well as a bus marketplace, with the mission to become the go-to marketplace for shared road mobility.
Today, our community counts over 90 million travellers in 22 countries, creating a smarter, friendlier and carbon-saving transport network. Every year, our community saves 1.6 million tons of CO2e by sharing the road, equivalent to the CO2 emissions generated by Paris traffic in a year. But it doesn’t stop here – our team of 250+ engineers is developing innovative algorithms to further unlock the potential of shared travel and multiply its impact.
We’re looking for people to join our journey – people who care, who are driven by impact and innovation, and who want to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. We offer a flexible workplace where we count on each other to take initiative. So join the ride – we can’t wait to see where it takes you.
Please include a portfolio for consideration.
You will be working on the passenger experience of BlaBlaCar, helping people get from place to place. Our passenger experience is evolving as we scale our offering across markets and introduce new forms of transport. We face various challenges related to mobility, trust, culture and more. As a senior designer, you will own your scope from concept to high quality designs that help us tackle these issues to enable an easy, stress free experience for each of our passengers. You will also have the opportunity to develop a vision and contribute to product roadmaps.
Why join us?
Our design team comes from a variety of countries and backgrounds, yet we all have one thing in common: passion. We’re constantly challenging ourselves - whether it’s a user problem, a small interface bug, or a way of working; we’re always asking how we can make things better.
When asked what they like about working at BlaBlaCar, our Product Designers mention: “We are involved early in projects”, “We rely a lot on data to make decisions,” “We’re designing a service that is actually changing how millions of people travel”, “We dive into fascinating topics like social interactions, trust mechanisms in different countries, value of comfort, or perception of time”, “We save a lot of time by working with our own design system”, “We work in a company with a strong design culture that embraces the value of UX”.
We’re always investing in our design team, and today, are looking for a Senior Product Designer to join us.
Check out some of our team's latest articles to learn more about how we work.
What you will do:
- Work closely with a small cross-functional team (product managers, developers, data analysts, designers) that has a strong design culture and focus on research.
- Use different exploratory tools and methods to identify real user problems. You will work closely with our research team to conduct usability tests to validate your designs.
- Build smart, scalable and consistent end-to-end experiences for our consumer-facing mobile and desktop applications, using our design system as a guiding framework.
- Create design documentation and high fidelity prototypes for sharing your work with both new and informed stakeholders.
- Act as an advocate for our users, both within the product team and the rest of the organisation.
What do you need to be successful
- 5+ years of hands-on product design
- Previous experience in designing mobile/web apps
- Deep appreciation for elegant and thoughtful design
- A love for every UX touch point from pixels, to micro interaction, content and research
- Team-player mindset, comfortable working in a multi-disciplinary team
- Humility, structure, passion, sense of humor, and action-oriented attitude
- Fluency in English
What we have to offer
- 🌎 An international environment: over 35 nationalities across 7 countries: France, Germany, Spain, Ukraine, Russia, Brasil, Poland.
- 💡 Opportunities to learn: 360 onboarding weeks, weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks to learn about what other teams are up to, International Weeks to mingle with other offices, regular Q&A sessions with our leadership, honest discussions about our company KPIs, ‘Fail, Learn, Succeed’ moments where we destigmatize and share moments of failure with others.
- 🚀 Innovation: Coding Nights to pitch ideas outside our roadmap and make development dreams come true, weekly Product & Tech Demos and blogs to share engineering stories, access to top conferences across Europe.
- 🌱 Impact: building a product that has a real impact on society and the environment, and sharing an office culture that prioritizes low-waste and eco-friendly practices.
- 💜 People-first: wind down from work at our BlaBlaShows, BlaBlaBreak retreats, weekly breakfasts and afterworks (when the sanitary conditions permit it) or meme battles on Slack.
- 🧭 Shared company principles that guide us in our everyday decision-making and bring us closer to our goal. Find out more about our BlaBlaPrinciples.
Your Future Benefits
- 🏡 Tailor-made remote policy: from 2 days per week to full remote (to be discussed with the Talent Acquisition Manager during the first call).
- 💰 A fair & competitive salary package
- 🎈Holidays: 10 days off in addition to the legal 25 days
- 🌍 Relocation package and visa sponsorship to welcome you wherever you are currently based
- 👶 Parental policy (we are a signatory of the #ParentalAct)
- 🎒 Trainings & career development programs
- 🚗Free carpooling & 🚌 bus-rides wherever whenever
Interested in joining the ride?
Here’s what your hiring journey will look like.
- a 45-min video-call with one of our Talent Acquisition Managers to get to know you, understand your career expectations and answer your questions
- a 60-min video-call with our Head of Product Design
- a fully remote exercise to evaluate your technical skills
- a 60-min video-call with the team to discuss about your exercise
- a 45-min video-call with our VP Brand & Experience
We will send you a candidate guidebook to give you additional details about your hiring journey with us.
Usually, our hiring process lasts on average 20-25 days and offers usually come within 48 hours.