- Kyiv, Ukraine, 02000
- Job title: Engineering Manager
- Location: Kyiv or anywhere in Ukraine (full remote possible)
- Contract: permanent full-time contract
- Team: Engineering
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to support our vision for an international bus marketplace. You will join a team that develops the core infrastructure and digital tools to serve and connect professional bus carriers across the world and enable them to sell tickets on our platform. The technology we develop today will be scaled across markets across the world and will take us one step closer to becoming the #1 marketplace for shared travel.
Our Tech Stack contains modern Technologies and frameworks (Java, Spring, PostgreSQL, run in Docker containers managed by an advanced CI/CD system).
1. Managing the team and setting it up for success
- Hiring and onboarding newcomers. The team is expected to scale up as operations are ramping up;
- Building new expertise within the team
- Taking responsibility for implementing best practices and ensure the team has the best in class processes. This is critical to maximize the productivity of the team and mitigate operational risks;
- Structuring the team to scale further in 2021. This includes clarifying roles and responsibilities within the team.
2. Communication and stakeholder management
- Handling communication for the team regarding the rest of the company. The focus is on structuring the vision for the team to the outside world;
- Communicating sideways and upwards about roadmap progress, organizational changes & dependencies. Communicating downstream to update the team on the company’s context, strategy and articulate their impact for the team;
- Creating close ties with stakeholders in Marketing, Finance, Product, and Engineering organizations. This is critical to ensure information flows enable the team to prioritize its work.
3. Building a vision
- Defining a vision and objectives for the team to come up with its roadmap. Communicating with stakeholders to align on strategic priorities. In particular, this means balancing multi-year plans with short-term deliverables;
- Deploying accountability frameworks to measure efficiency and improve it.
- Reporting to the Engineering Manager, in a team of 8 engineers
- Building a robust and scalable backend that support BlaBlaCar websites and mobile apps, as well as connexions to external bus partners systems
- Taking part in the design definition of the services and their APIs to ensure they are scalable, robust and easy to use
- Interacting with multiple internal stakeholders (product managers, business analyst, data scientists, etc) and external bus partners tech teams
- Deploying and operating your services to production and ensuring they are performing as expected through monitoring and instrumentation
What you will need to be successful:
- Experience managing engineering teams within dynamic high-growth tech companies
- Strong track record in technical contribution and team leadership
- Ability to communicate technical and business details in writing
- Comfortable with change, uncertainty, and a high-velocity environment
- Entrepreneurial, hands-on, pragmatic, and collaborative attitude
- Proficient in English and Russian or Ukrainian
What’s in it for you?
- Top of the market employment terms and conditions incl. meals and transportation allowance
- 100% coverage for health care insurance
- 50% coverage for spouse & children health care insurance
- 100% salary reimbursement for maternity leave
- 100% salary reimbursement for 1 month paternity leave
- Choice between the latest Mac or PC equipment
- Possibility to work full remote anywhere in Ukraine (even after the Covid crisis)
- Learning opportunities through trainings, Free English courses, Conferences
- Be part of an international engineering team with 260+ talents
What about our company culture?
Be The Member. Free carpooling and bus rides so you can continuously test the product and put yourself in our members’ shoes.
Share More. Learn More. Weekly BlaBlaTalks to learn from other teams and guest speakers, weekly product & tech demos, access to the best tech conferences across Europe, and more.
Fail. Learn. Succeed. Innovation comes with risk-taking. Failure is a gift to learn from!
Dream. Decide. Deliver. Join our Coding Nights, where anyone can pitch ideas and make tech development dreams come true.
Be Lean. Go Far. As a scale-up with big dreams, we use our resources smartly and strive to give our members a lean and simple user experience.
Fun & Serious. We work hard and take our fun seriously. When the sanitary conditions permit it, join our regular team breakfasts, afterworks, milestone celebrations and team-all retreats.
Learn more about our 6 principles here.
BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading carpooling platform, created with one dream in mind: to fill the millions of empty seats on the road. We offer long-distance and short-distance carpooling, a bus marketplace and recently an e-scooter service, with the ambition to become the go-to multimodal marketplace for road travel.
Today, our global community counts over 90 million drivers and passengers in 22 countries, creating a smarter, friendlier and carbon-saving transport network. Every year, our community saves 1.6 million tons of CO2e by sharing the road, equivalent to the CO2 emissions generated by Paris traffic in a year.
BlaBlaCar offers a truly unique international environment with over 35 nationalities, across 7 offices worldwide: Berlin, Kyiv, Madrid, Moscow, Paris (HQ), São Paulo, Warsaw. English is the official spoken language. We are privately-held and founder-led. Our team of 700 employees is entrepreneurial, passionate, and fundamentally impact-driven.
BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.