Senior Software Engineer Back-end - TripSearch (Open to remote from France)
- Paris, France
- Employees can work remotely
BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading long-distance carpooling platform – a global, trusted community of 70 million drivers and passengers in 22 countries. The platform connects people looking to travel long distances with drivers heading the same way, so they can travel together and share the cost. With the recent integration of a coach network and a commuter carpooling service, BlaBlaCar aims to become the go-to for shared road mobility. Affordable, convenient and user-friendly, wherever there’s a road, there’s a BlaBlaCar.
Why join us?
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our growing Trip Search Team, which today consists of 5 Software Engineers and 1 Engineering Manager.
You will take part in building the heart of our new technical platform based on a state of the art service-oriented architecture and in building the algorithms behind the search engine that allows us to match millions of travelers together.
The core of our stack is composed of: Java, Spring boot, Big table, Kubernetes, GCP, Elasticsearch, and PostgreSQL.
As Senior Software Engineer, your role is to lead the design of our solutions, making sure they are robust and scalable. You will also contribute to the development of the stack by developing features, guiding younger engineers in their choices and helping them to build a cloud compatible architecture.
What you will directly contribute to:
- Building new, exciting features in the engine that serve search queries on the BlaBlaCar platform and aim to find the best match between drivers and passengers;
- Enabling passengers to find the method of transportation that corresponds to their needs;
- Continuing extracting functionality from the monolith driving towards our SOA (service oriented architecture);
- Participating in the definition of the features with the product and design teams to find the most relevant solutions for our members;
- Deep diving into our new cloud based infrastructure on GCP exploring more advanced features like fully automated, continuous rollouts;
- Participating in the definition of the architecture to find the best solutions to achieve high performance and reliability;
- Fostering positive atmosphere around excellence and ambitious goals in your team;
- Encouraging skills development of your fellow colleagues;
- Ensuring qualitative documentation of tech decisions and code to allow smooth onboarding of newcomers on any given project.
What you will need to be successful:
- 5+ years experience in tech companies;
- Good knowledge of service oriented architecture and architectural patterns;
- Fluency in object oriented language development and eager to constantly learn new technologies;
- Practical knowledge of ops tools (monitoring, deployment, containers, linux…) and willingness to contribute in building a true DevOps environment;
- Curiosity and open-mindedness;
- Product oriented mindset
- Fluent English (both written and spoken), and proficiency in French is a plus.
A few practical details about the role
Start: As soon as you are ready!
Location: Paris HQ (open to remote from France)
Contract: Permanent contract (CDI)
Compensation: Competitive package based on experience
What we offer all of our employees
The opportunity to have a meaningful impact, building a CO2-saving global travel network enabling strong human connections too
A strong “Fun & Serious” company culture;
An international environment with a team counting 35 nationalities, serving a global member-base from 8 offices around the world (Berlin, Kiev, Madrid, Milan, Moscow, Paris (HQ), São Paulo, Warsaw);
State-of-the-art office spaces, in a great location
And some other great perks!
Free carpooling to live our value “Be The Member”
Annual BlaBlaBreak which takes us all for an unforgettable weekend
Possibility to work from another BlaBlaOffice abroad for a week once a year (BlaBlaSwap)
Opportunity to attend Tech conferences in France and Europe.
What is next?
If you are ready to join our exciting journey, please apply below: upload your resume in English (PDF format) and answer our questions in English.
Kindly note that only complete applications will be reviewed by our hiring team and that all your information will be kept confidential.
You can expect us to review your application within the following 3 weeks. If your application and profile fit our requirements, we will invite you for an HR and technical phone interview, and a round of onsite interviews.
BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.