- Paris, France
- Employees can work remotely
BlaBlaCar’s vision is to bring fairness, freedom and fraternity to the world of travel.
BlaBlaCar was created in 2006 with one dream in mind: fill the millions of empty seats on the road to create an efficient, affordable and friendly way to travel. Today, our global, trusted community counts 75 million members in 22 countries, enabling a smarter, large scale and truly sustainable transport network.
Born from a simple idea of people sharing their rides, BlaBlaCar’s ambition is to become the go-to marketplace for shared road mobility. We offer long distance carpooling service, a commuting carpooling service, and since 2018 a marketplace bus service too. A filled bus emits one third of the emissions per passenger kilometer as an average car. So we want to fill those seats too!
In 2019, 90 million travellers used BlaBlaCar with an average distance of 263 km for a trip. Meanwhile we enabled human connections, bringing people closer together in more ways than one with 87% of members say that carpooling is an enriching experience.
BlaBlaCar offers a truly and unique international environment with a team counting 35 nationalities, serving a global member-base from 7 offices in Berlin, Kiev, Madrid, Moscow, Paris (HQ), São Paulo, Warsaw. English is the official spoken language across BlaBlaCar. We are privately-held and founder-led. Our team of 500 employees is entrepreneurial, passionate, and fundamentally mission-driven.
What you will contribute to:
- Designing, architecting and developing features for the BlaBlaCar application
- Improving the quality of the application
- Conducting code reviews
- Contributing to the graphical uniformization of our app by bringing to life a design system spec made by a talented UX designers team
- Enforcing best practices by ensuring they are well understood and applied
What you will need to be successful:
- 3+ years of professional experience
- App Store release process and code signing knowledge
- Good proficiency in Swift and iOS mobile development
- Experience writing unit and integration tests
- Good knowledge of clean iOS architectures
- Pixel-perfection oriented
- Comfortable with English (French is a plus)
- Out of the box thinking and mindset of constant knowledge sharing
- A fun attitude
A few practical details about the role:
- Start: As soon as you are ready!
- Location: Paris HQ or remote from France
- Contract: Permanent contract (CDI)
- Compensation: Competitive package based on experience
What we offer all of our employees
- The opportunity to have a meaningful impact, building a CO2-saving global travel network enabling strong human connections too.
- A strong “Fun & Serious” company culture
- An international environment with a team counting 35 nationalities, serving a global member-base from 7 offices around the world (Berlin, Kiev, Madrid, Moscow, Paris (HQ), São Paulo, Warsaw)
- State-of-the-art office spaces, in a great location
- A start-up spirit grounded in agility & teamwork
- Challenging career opportunities in a high-growth and fast-paced environment
- Bi-Weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks to learn from each other
- Weekly Tech Demos, so that we’re all up to date with where our product stands
And some other great perks!
- Free carpooling and bus rides to live our value “Be The Member”.
- BlaBlaBreak which takes us all for an unforgettable weekend every 18 months
- Possibility to work from another BlaBlaOffice abroad for a week once a year (BlaBlaSwap)
- The choice between the latest Mac or PC equipment
- Opportunity to attend Tech conferences in France and Europe
If you are ready to join our exciting journey, please apply below. You may upload your resume in French or English, in PDF format.
We will review your application within the next two weeks. If your profile fits our requirements, we will invite you for various interviews with our Team.
Please note that only complete applications will be reviewed by our hiring team and that all your information will be kept confidential.
BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.