Product Manager - Pricing
- Paris, France
BlaBlaCar’s vision is to bring fairness, freedom and fraternity to the world of travel.
BlaBlaCar was created in 2006 with one dream in mind: fill the millions of empty seats on the road to create an efficient, affordable and friendly way to travel. Today, our global, trusted community counts 87 million members in 22 countries, enabling a smarter, large scale and truly sustainable transport network.
Born from a simple idea of people sharing their rides, BlaBlaCar’s ambition is to become the go-to marketplace for shared road mobility. We offer a long-distance carpooling service, a commuting carpooling service, and a long-distance bus service. A filled bus emits one third of the emissions per passenger kilometer as an average car -- so we want to fill those seats too!
In 2019, 100 million travelers used BlaBlaCar globally, saving 1.6 million tons of CO2. Meanwhile, we enabled human connections, bringing people closer together in more ways than one, with 87% of members believing carpooling to be an enriching experience.
BlaBlaCar offers a unique international environment with a team counting 40 nationalities, serving a global member-base from 8 offices in Berlin, Kiev, Madrid, Milan, Moscow, Paris (HQ), São Paulo and Warsaw. English is the official spoken language across BlaBlaCar. We are privately-held and founder-led. Our team of 700 employees is entrepreneurial, passionate and fundamentally mission-driven.
Pricing at BlaBlaCar
This is a unique opportunity to join the newly created pricing team at BlaBlaCar. Your mission will be to bring dynamic pricing to our various transportation modes and mainly carpooling. This is one of the most exciting positions as you will have the opportunity to partner with world-class data scientists, run pricing experiments in our 22 countries and have a major impact on the business.
What you will directly contribute to
As a Product Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of product management, which means:
- Defining and communicating the strategy of the pricing stream for all involved stakeholders
- Gathering insights about our users and translating them into actionable opportunities to go after
- Identifying the right success metrics and tracking them
- Problem-solving with cross-functional experts in engineering, marketing, data science
What you will need to be successful:
- 3-5 years of experience in product-driven organizations
- Very strong business acumen and analytical mindset
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to partner with data scientists, engineers and business leaders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Humility and great listening skills
- Previous experience with data science projects is a plus but not essential
A few practical details about the role:
- Start: As soon as you are ready
- Location: Paris HQ
- Contract: Permanent contract (CDI)
- Compensation: Competitive package based on experience
What we offer all of our employees:
- The opportunity to have a meaningful impact, building a CO2-saving global travel network enabling strong human connections too.
- A strong “Fun & Serious” company culture
- An international environment with a team counting 35 nationalities, serving a global member-base from 8 offices around the world (Berlin, Kyiv, Madrid, Milan, Moscow, Paris (HQ), São Paulo, Warsaw)
- State-of-the-art office spaces, in a great location
- A start-up spirit grounded in agility & teamwork
- Challenging career opportunities in a high-growth and fast-paced environment
- Weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks to learn from each other
- Weekly Tech Demos, so that we’re all up to date with where our product stands
And some other great perks!
- Free carpooling and bus rides to live our value “Be The Member”.
- BlaBlaBreak which takes us all for an unforgettable weekend every 18 months
- Possibility to work from another BlaBlaOffice abroad for a week once a year (BlaBlaSwap)
- The choice between the latest Mac or PC equipment
What is next:
If you are ready to join our exciting journey, please apply below: upload your resume in English (PDF format) and answer our questions in English. Kindly note that only complete applications will be reviewed by our hiring team and that all your information will be kept confidential.
You can expect us to review your application within the following two weeks. If your application and profile fit our requirements, we will invite you to an analytical test, a phone interview, followed by two/three in-house interview sessions and a case presentation.
BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.