- Paris, France
BlaBlaCar’s vision is to bring fairness, freedom and fraternity to the world of travel.
BlaBlaCar was created in 2006 with one dream in mind: fill the millions of empty seats on the road to create an efficient, affordable and friendly way to travel. Today, our global, trusted community counts 75 million members in 22 countries, enabling a smarter, large scale and truly sustainable transport network.
Born from a simple idea of people sharing their rides, BlaBlaCar’s ambition is to become the go-to marketplace for shared road mobility. We offer long distance carpooling service, a commuting carpooling service, and since 2018 a marketplace bus service too. A filled bus emits one third of the emissions per passenger kilometer as an average car. So we want to fill those seats too!
In 2018, 84 million travellers used BlaBlaCar globally saving 1.6 million tons of CO2. Meanwhile we enabled human connections, bringing people closer together in more ways than one with 87% of members say that carpooling is an enriching experience.
BlaBlaCar offers a truly and unique international environment with a team counting 35 nationalities, serving a global member-base from 8 offices in Berlin, Kiev, Madrid, Milan, Moscow, Paris (HQ), São Paulo, Warsaw. English is the official spoken language across BlaBlaCar. We are privately-held and founder-led. Our team of 500 employees is entrepreneurial, passionate, and fundamentally mission-driven.
Why you would want to join us
As part of the Strategy team, you will work directly with BlaBlaCar’s executives to support their strategic decision-making. This means you will impact the direction BlaBlaCar is taking for the years to come !
What you will directly contribute to:
- Provide actionable insights and reports to BlaBlaCar’s executives and the Board of Directors to support their strategic decision-making
- Identify, analyze and monitor issues that affect our marketplace dynamics and top line growth at the market level
- Build a strong understanding of our marketplace dynamics and its evolution over time
- Build problem-solving framework to break down and structure complex issues
- Evaluate the performance of current business operations and recommend strategies and tactics to achieve business goals
- Build positive and trustful relationship while working with management and local teams to identify business needs, challenges and opportunities
What you will need to be successful:
- Degree in Engineering, Business, Economics, or Operations Research
- Seniority level (we are opening several positions)
- 2-4 years of professional experience in strategy or business analysis acquired in top tier strategy consulting firms, PE firms, Investment Banking/M&A or strategy department of a large organization
- Outstanding profiles with only 6 months internship experience dealing with corporate topics
- Excellent communication skills: experience in synthesizing and communicating data clearly
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, ability to think strategically and “outside the box”
- Experience in working in an international environment
- Strong attention to details and the ability to step back to see the bigger picture
- High level of autonomy and proactivity
- Proficiency in data visualization tools (Tableau) and SQL would be a plus
- Fluent in English
- You identify with the BlaBlaCar mindset: a structured and humble doer with the ability to prioritize, who thrives on collaboration and teamwork.
A few practical details about the role
- Start: As soon as you are ready!
- Location: Paris HQ
- Contract: Permanent Contract (CDI)
- Salary: Competitive package based on experience
What we offer all of our employees
- A start-up spirit that fosters agility, teamwork and impact
- Challenging career opportunities in a high-growth and fast-paced environment
- An inspiring working environment including state-of-the-art office spaces
- Free carpooling to live our value “Think it. Build it. Use it.”
- Annual BlaBlaBreak which takes us all for an unforgettable weekend
- Top health insurance (“mutuelle”)
- And many more benefits - check them out on BlaBlaCar.com/dreamjobs
What is next
If you are ready to join our exciting journey, please apply below: upload your resume in English (PDF format) and answer our questions in English.
Kindly note that only complete applications will be reviewed by our hiring team and that all your information will be kept confidential.
You can expect us to review your application within the following 3 weeks. If your application fits our requirements, we will invite you to take a short analytical online test. This step is followed by an analytical test, several face to face interviews and a case study