Head of Program
- Paris, France
BlaBlaCar’s vision is to bring fairness, freedom and fraternity to the world of travel.
BlaBlaCar was created in 2006 with one dream in mind: fill the millions of empty seats on the road to create an efficient, affordable and friendly way to travel. Today, our global, trusted community counts 75 million members in 22 countries, enabling a smarter, large scale and truly sustainable transport network.
Born from a simple idea of people sharing their rides, BlaBlaCar’s ambition is to become the go-to marketplace for shared road mobility. We offer long distance carpooling service, a commuting carpooling service, and since 2018 a marketplace bus service too. A filled bus emits one third of the emissions per passenger kilometer as an average car. So we want to fill those seats too!
In 2018, 84 million travellers used BlaBlaCar globally saving 1.6 million tons of CO2. Meanwhile we enabled human connections, bringing people closer together in more ways than one with 87% of members say that carpooling is an enriching experience.
BlaBlaCar offers a truly and unique international environment with a team counting 35 nationalities, serving a global member-base from 8 offices in Berlin, Kiev, Madrid, Milan, Moscow, Paris (HQ), São Paulo, Warsaw. English is the official spoken language across BlaBlaCar. We are privately-held and founder-led. Our team of 500 employees is entrepreneurial, passionate, and fundamentally mission-driven.
As Head of Program, you will ensure the overall efficiency, quality and security of the products shipped by the Engineering team by handling the required transversality.
Your scope will embrace engineering delivery, and all the code being shipped to external/internal users and partners.
What you will be in charge of :
1) Global delivering processes and tools :
- Defining, implementing, enhancing and ensuring adoption of these processes and tools with strong change management skills. This includes agile vs. operating mode, roadmap processes, dependency identification and followup;
- Providing high-level view on the ongoing software projects to the entire company, prepare and orchestrate tradeoffs decisions at key moments (roadmaps, etc) ;
- Managing requests / needs expressed from internal stakeholders such as Marketing, Legal or CRT to ensure the request is tackled by the appropriate team.
2) Managing a team of PO or Program managers for complex projects with multiple interfaces (current examples : Cloud migration, bus partner API)
3) Delivering transversality :
- Leading and promoting activities having a transversal impact on any development team + aiming at increasing our development delivery efficiency / velocity / quality;
- Including Security, Quality Assurance, SEO and Localization;
- Including also a key contribution to staffing plan ramp-up according to roadmap and between-component team dependencies.
4) Team management :
- Defining and communicating vision, goals, OKRs, share failures and successes, defining the relevant organization & staffing needs, recruiting, onboarding and developing your team members.
What you will need to be successful:
- The right candidate will have experience with significant engineering teams, set strategy, and will be really interested in tooling, process and communication subjects.
Having managed engineering teams or geographically distributed projects is a plus
Be comfortable working with executives and senior leaders, be proficient at running executive meetings
Strong program management
Structured approach to decision making, but with a strong bias towards action and speed
High-level thinker, but also detail-oriented when executing on projects
Emotional intelligence, empathy, and ability to establish trusting and strong relationships
Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to influence others
Fluent in English
A few practical details about the role :
- Start: As soon as you are ready!
- Location: Paris HQ
- Contract: Permanent contract
What we offer all of our employees:
- A start-up spirit that fosters agility, teamwork and impact
- Challenging career opportunities in a high-growth and fast-paced environment
- An inspiring working environment including state-of-the-art office spaces
- Free carpooling to live our value “Be The Member”
- Annual BlaBlaBreak which takes us all for an unforgettable weekend
- Bi-Weekly BlaBlaTalks when we learn from each other
- Weekly Tech Demos
What is next:
If you are ready to join our exciting journey, please apply below: upload your resume in English (PDF format) and answer our questions in English.
Kindly note that only complete applications will be reviewed by our hiring team and that all your information will be kept confidential.
You can expect us to review your application within the following 2 weeks. If your application fits our requirements, we will invite you to a first call followed by two interviews with analytical tests and case study.
BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.