Senior Software Engineer
Founded in 2017, Biza.io was built with the vision of becoming a world class SaaS solution to meet the complex and rapidly changing Consumer Data Right specification. We’re focused on implementing and delivering innovative solutions within the CDR landscape empowering Australians to take control of and share their own data
From humble beginnings as a bootstrapped tech start-up, Biza.io is on a mission to scale after securing a Series A investment of $7.5m in 2022. Our solutions are enabling thriving open data ecosystems that are changing the way the world shares data, driving innovation in the financial services sector and cost savings for consumers as a result.
We now have more than 18 million consumers with data-sharing access enabled by our technology and that’s just the beginning!
About the Role:
You'll apply your engineering skills and subject matter expertise in OAuth2, Open ID Connect, FAPI and related standards and be responsible for the architecture and feature enhancement of Biza’s mission critical Authorisation Server in our flagship HaaS platform.
You'll mentor engineers on best practices on securing our APIs and Applications with OAuth2 /Open ID Connect and drive a security first culture.
You'll also have the opportunity to:
- Acquire industry leading knowledge of the CDR rules, standards and be able translate these requirements to the engineering outcomes required to maintain compliance
- Attend industry working groups to stay updated with CDR developments and drive the standards in positive ways across our product suite
- Participate in architecture, API design and planning of upcoming features to our HaaS platform particularly in terms of OIDC and consent management
- Contribute to high level architecture, prioritisation and development strategy with the Development Lead and Product Teams
We’re looking for passionate people who want to make an impact, and we think differently about who we hire. We want to set you up for success and focus on what you can do next. However, there are also some key things we’re also looking for in this role:
- Strong subject matter expertise in OAuth2 / Open ID Connect / FAPI
- Experience with Java or Kotlin (Spring Boot, Hibernate)
- Architecture and mentoring skill
- Experience API Specification with OpenAPI 3 will be highly regarded
- Experience with DevOps Tooling e.g. Kubernetes, Docker, GitlLab CI is a bonus
Biza.io is a “remote native” company with flexible working options to allow our employees to do their best work in a way that suits them. We also offer a number of great benefits we’re proud of, such as:
- Employee Share Options Scheme
- Floating public holidays – use them when it suits you
- Corporate phone and plan
- Corporate internet plan
- WFH/tech allowance when you join
- Annual budget to spend on learning and development
- Generous referral scheme so you can reap the rewards of helping us grow!
If this sounds like you and you want to be a part of the data revolution in Australia, apply now!