Agriculture Equipment Technician
- 508 S D Rd, Giltner, NE 68841, USA
Bish Enterprises is an agriculture engineering and manufacturing facility providing innovative & high-quality agricultural products to farmers and harvester that help feed America. Bish Enterprises is the largest manufacturer & distributor of combine header adapters and combine header conversions. Bish Enterprises is also home to the Bish SuperCrop Header, the best choice solution for harvesting Sorghum (milo), Sunflowers, Hemp, & Popcorn.
Hemp Harvest Works was founded by Andrew Bish of Bish Enterprises, of Giltner, NE, in December of 2017 and operates in affiliation with Bish Enterprises. Hemp Harvest Works organized to help solve the mechanical needs of today’s hemp producers by providing both mass market machines and custom equipment for growing and/or harvesting hemp.
Be a part of creating the next generation of agricultural equipment and technologies!
Bish Enterprises / Hemp Harvest Works is seeking an Agriculture Equipment Technician to join our team!
The Agriculture Equipment Technician is responsible for performing both basic and complex diagnostics on agricultural and lifting equipment and performs repairs and maintenance on both customer-owned, or dealer-owned, equipment. He/she is responsible for good customer communication as needed, ensuring a clean and safe work environment, continually develop technical skills with evolving products, and perform work at customers sites as required.
- Communications: Ensures good communication within the location, and with other locations/employees. Communicates appropriately with customers and conveys any operational issues to manager.
- Equipment and Tools: Maintains good condition and cleanliness of company vehicles inventory, tools, and equipment, including the return of tools to storage areas.
- Safety: Follows all company and common-sense safety policies, while using all required personal safety equipment. Ensures a safe work environment in his bay; reports any issues in the bay or other service work areas to the manager for follow-up.
- Service Diagnostics: Performs basic / complex diagnostics on agricultural / construction / diesel equipment, determining what repairs are needed and/or recommended for future attention / maintenance. This can be for either customer-owned equipment located at the shop or at the customer’s site, or dealer-owned equipment (inspections).
- Service Paperwork: Completes all reports and forms for service operations in a timely and accurate manner. This would include inspection reports, work orders, etc. Uses computers/tablets for data entry as required. Ensure management is aware of any issues/surprises which can impact customer billing or satisfaction. Ensures accurate timekeeping for job costing.
- Service Repairs: Performs repairs on above equipment (electrical, hydraulic, mechanical, diesel) as requested. Accountable for performing quality work and attaining stated goals for efficiency.
- Service Training / Development: Participates in all requested job-related training and development, as well as taking an active interest in improving skills with other training programs.
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with other technicians, parts, and sales personnel. Mentors Service Technician Apprentices and junior Technicians as able. Works after hours (daily or weekend) as required.
- Ability to interact with computer systems, including MS office and internet-based applications
- Ability to lift 75 pounds as required without assistance
- Ability to travel to training events and service calls as needed
- Ability to work extended hours during the week and on weekends
- Acceptable Motor Vehicle status, with current driver’s license, and ability to operate a motor vehicle
- Excellent communication and customer relationship skills
- Excellent skills in operating vehicles and equipment used in service shops (diagnostic equipment, forklifts, hydraulic lifts, etc.)
- High School Diploma or GED
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems.
- Owns mechanic toolset appropriate for the work required.
- Proven knowledge of methods, materials, tools, and techniques used in the repair of Ag, Automotive, & Lifting equipment
- Technical degree in Automotive, Agricultural, Diesel or Construction Mechanics is preferred but not required.
Working at Bish is not just a job! It’s an opportunity to grow your skills and further your career - all while receiving top-notch benefits. We offer a very competitive compensation and benefits package. Note: Some benefits are only available at FT status
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Prescription Drug Benefits
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Uniform/Laundry Service
- Partner discounts
- Tool Assistance
- Company matched 401(k) program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.