Shipping Receiving Material Handler
- 508 S D Rd, Giltner, NE 68841, USA
Bish Enterprises is an agriculture engineering and manufacturing facility providing innovative & high-quality agricultural products to farmers and harvester that help feed America. Bish Enterprises is the largest manufacturer & distributor of combine header adapters and combine header conversions. Bish Enterprises is also home to the Bish SuperCrop Header, the best choice solution for harvesting Sorghum (milo), Sunflowers, Hemp, & Popcorn.
Hemp Harvest Works was founded by Andrew Bish of Bish Enterprises, of Giltner, NE, in December of 2017 and operates in affiliation with Bish Enterprises. Hemp Harvest Works organized to help solve the mechanical needs of today’s hemp producers by providing both mass market machines and custom equipment for growing and/or harvesting hemp.
Be a part of creating the next generation of agricultural equipment and technologies!
Bish Enterprises / Hemp Harvest Works is seeking a Shipping / Receiving Material Handler to join our team!
The Shipping / Receiving Material Handler is expected to be accountable for and manage all projects related to shipping, as well as assisting in other assembly projects. Expectations for Shipping / Receiving Material Handler would include, ensuring all shipments are accurate (gathering components, packing them securely, filling out shipping forms, labeling shipments, etc.) and are sent out timely, documenting and tracking all items received, and communicating with sales and office team members for accurate product and shipping information.
- Assist shipping and receiving unloading trucks, checking in merchandise, matching purchase orders to sales orders and distributing to sales associates for processing.
- Read customer orders, work orders, shipping orders or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered or distributed and/or shipped.
- Prepare orders by processing requests and supply orders; pulling materials; packing boxes; placing orders in delivery area.
- Maintain inventory controls by collecting stock location orders and printing requests.
- File requisitions, work orders or requests for materials, tools or other stock items and distribute items to shipping or to designated route driver storage area.
- Assemble customer orders from stock and place orders on pallets or shelves, or relocate orders to a holding area or shipping department.
- Mark materials with identifying information using appropriate method.
- Record amounts of materials or items received or distributed via appropriate computer program.
- Weigh, count and inspect items to ensure conformance to customers and company standards.
- Wear the proper safety equipment.
- Must be able to operate manual drill, hand tools and power tools.
- Assist in counting and movement of physical inventory.
- Complete requisition forms to order supplies from other departments.
- Sweep, dust, mop, organize, maintain and upkeep the warehouse and work area for cleanliness at all times.
- Ensure warehouse is accessible and safe.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintain quality service by following organization standards.
- May be assigned to facilities maintenance, material handling and put-away as needed.
- 1 to 2 years' experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred
- Ability to provide and use basic hand tools
- Ability to read and use a tape measure to precise measurements
- Ability to Operate a computer using Windows
- Ability to use Computer programs such as: Word, Excel, Internet Browser, and Shipping Manager software
- Team player
- Reliable with strong attendance record
- Ability to retain and apply instructions
- Ability to communicate and understand in English
- Ability to read and understand documents
- Ability to Multi-task
- Basic Math Skills; addition and subtraction
- Ability to operate pallet-jacks, forklifts, scissor-lifts and cherry-pickers.
- Ability to lift and/or move objects up to 100 pounds.
- Ability to stand, walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 or more years of relative work experience
- Full Time
- Compensation- $30,000.00 – $45,000.00/yr.
- 40+ hours
- Hours will be mostly during these times:
- Monday - Friday 7:00am to 5:00pm
- Saturday as needed
- Customer Deadlines and Agriculture Seasonality may require additional availability
Working at Bish is not just a job! It’s an opportunity to grow your skills and further your career - all while receiving top-notch benefits. We offer a very competitive compensation and benefits package. Note: Some benefits are only available at FT status
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Prescription Drug Benefits
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Uniform/Laundry Service
- Partner discounts
- Tool Assistance
- Company matched 401(k) program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.