Support Software Engineer, Principal
- 4th Floor, 3rd Eye One, Opp. Havmor Restaurant, Panchvati, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India, Ahmedabad, GJ, in
Infor is an enterprise software provider and strategic technology partner for organizations worldwide. Our software is purpose-built for specific industries, providing complete suites that are designed to support progress – for individuals, for businesses, and across networks. We believe in the beauty of work, the importance of relationships, and the power of ideas to drive significant positive change. With more than 15,000 employees and offices in over 100 countries, Infor provides enterprise solutions to more than 90,000 customers.
For additional information, visit www.infor.com.
Birst, an Infor company, is the leader in Cloud BI and Analytics and among a new generation of business intelligence (BI) players that are upending the traditional BI market—an estimated $15 billion industry and one that consistently ranks among the top IT priorities of CIO’s. Learn more about Birst at www.birst.com
Position: Support Software Engineer, Principal
We are looking for an exceptional Business Intelligence Support Engineer for our Customer Support Services – Birst Team.
- Analyzing customer’s Business Intelligence product configuration & troubleshooting issues with deep analysis of data architecture, modeling, reporting and dashboards.
- Troubleshooting Star schema and Snowflake design models with a deep understanding of Data Warehousing concepts.
- Resolving data modeling issues for Birst customers.
- Troubleshooting and resolving complex SQL scripting issues.
- Troubleshooting application and database event logs, system Backup & Recovery, application Load balancing/clustering
- Managing multiple incidents & problems while working in high visibility situations
- Working independently and with minimal supervision to complete tasks and assignments as directed.
- Coordinating with internal product and hosting teams to ensure timely resolution of customer issues.
- Contributing to our ever growing Knowledge Base Articles.
- Identifying and promoting opportunities to reduce the amount of direct support required through product improvements, training, online support, and self-service.
Skills and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science
· Excellent analytical & logical problem-solving skills required.
· 8+ years of experience with one or more Business Intelligence tools like Microstrategy, Business Objects, Cognos, OBIEE and QlikView.
· 4 to 6 years of experience in SQL with common RDBMS like SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata, MySQL, Postgres etc.
· Ability to write and debug complex SQL
· Exposure to data modeling for data warehousing- star, snowflake schema designs
· Exposure to ETL, Data Integration tools like Informatica, Microsoft SSIS, Data Stage, Data Integrator, etc. is a plus.
· Knowledge of high availability & performance tuning techniques in SQL Server Administration is a plus.
· Experience with Salesforce.com (SFDC), CRM or SAP is a big plus.
· Knowledge of Windows architecture, HTML, XML and an understanding of the internet is a big plus.
· Ability to take leadership of issues and drive them to closure
· High energy, passion and drive for success.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, the ability to manage conflict, and scheduling flexibility
- Prior experience of working in a technical support environment is preferred.
- Willingness to work in morning, late evening or occasional night shifts.