- Region: US
- Department: Research & Development
At Biogen, we offer a workplace that is unique, connected, resilient and impactful. Our purpose to find cures for rare diseases is a unique focus within our industry. We are connected as a team by this shared purpose, the pride we have in our work, and the inspiration we obtain from the lives we’re changing. We are resilient as we overcome obstacles, following the science to deliver for our patients. Most of all, our work allows us to have an impact. An impact on our patients’ lives and on changing the course of medicine.
About This Role
We are seeking a highly motivated scientist with expertise in lipidomics/metabolomics to join Chemical Biology and Proteomics (CBP) in Cambridge, MA to support our mission of delivering a portfolio of high-quality drug candidates and driving new scientific directions and capabilities.
You will participate in high impact metabolomics and lipidomics projects, ranging from early research to the translation to patients, under the supervision of a principal scientist in Proteomics group of CBP. The group impacts drug discovery programs via proteomics and lipidomics/metabolomics, develops novel technology and bioinformatic platforms, and builds drug discovery tools and knowledge bases to innovate and increase the success rate and decrease the risk for our preclinical portfolio.
What You’ll Do
- Lead and coordinate lipidomics/metabolomics efforts in project teams
- Deliver critical data to impact and support progress of the research programs
- Design, execute and interpret lipidomics/metabolomics studies
- Present and communicate study results to the project teams
- Maintain a state-of-the art lipidomics and metabolomics technology platform
- Implement and establish in-house (as needed) novel lipidomics/metabolomics technology
Who You Are
You love what you do and are passionate about applying omics technologies to impact drug discovery. You love learning new technological skills and working through collaboration.
- Knowledge of and experience with metabolomics and lipidomics technologies applied in biomedical research.
- Hands-on experiences of lipidomics/metabolomics sample preparation & Mass Spectrometry (MS)-based analysis
- Proficiency in data processing and analysis, and familiarity with databases such as HMDB & LIPID MAPS.
- Strong instrumentation (UPLC.GC, mass spectrometry) & troubleshooting skills.
- Solid understanding of metabolic pathways, biochemistry and biology.
- Strong publication record with significant contributions in the lipidomics/metabolomics field.
- BS with 6 or more years of relevant industry experience in lipidomics/metabolomics is required.
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Analytical Sciences, or a related discipline
- Postdoctoral experience is desired.
- Experience in other relevant technologies including mass spec imaging (MSI) and non-MS based lipid assays would be desirable but not required
Our mission to find therapies for neurological and rare diseases is a unique focus within our industry. We work together to overcome obstacles and to follow the science. We strive to make an impact on patients’ lives and on changing the course of medicine. Together, we pioneer. Together, we thrive.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.