Director, Procurement- Global Clinical Services
- Cambridge, MA
- Department: Procurement
- Region: US
About This Role
The Director, Procurement of Global Clinical Services leads a team of 3 category managers and is a member of Clinical and Scientific categories leadership team accountable for $400M in spend for Global Clinical Services Category covering the following sub categories:
o Clinical Research
o Clinical Support Services
o Regulatory and Compliance
This role will provide leadership on the global Clinical category and ensure Procurement leadership understands priorities and needs for category under responsibility. This individual will make recommendations to leadership from a customer standpoint, by aggregating the voice of the internal customer. The Director ensures resourcing and bandwidth to meet the business needs. Finally, this role will identify and lead CI initiatives in partnership with stakeholders. This role reports to Sr. Director, Clinical & Scientific Products & Services.
What You’ll Do
• Lead the global Clinical category and sub category leaders to develop and implement sub category strategies for Clinical Research, Clinical Support Services, Pharmacovigilance, Regulatory and Compliance
• Responsible for performance managing and continually improving Clinical category strategy
• Support globalization of processes to drive efficiency, leverage, and savings in partnership with International Procurement Lead
• Leads cross-functional teams using spend data analytics, market research, benchmarks, and cost modeling to identify and leverage high value opportunities that deliver innovative and sustainable value, operational efficiencies and risk mitigation to the business
• Partners with senior stakeholders to build relationships that facilitate realization of business value and savings
• Continually monitors the market to understand leading practices and changes in market conditions
• Develops and implements sourcing, negotiating and contracting strategies to achieve category goals
• Develops and improves strategy for catalogs, buying channels, and sourcing playbook development
• Ensures efficiency of events through appropriate use of buying channels, catalogs, and RFx events and champions ongoing continuous improvement
• Ensure category analysts and procurement operations are aligned to category strategy/plan to maximum value
• Responsible for business stakeholder management by working collaboratively and representing all procurement – direct, indirect, strategic and transactional activities – to the respective businesses
Who You Are
You are an experienced procurement leader with expertise in clinical trials, sourcing, contracts and negotiations. You enjoy collaborating with diverse subject-matter experts to develop process improvements and create category strategies.
• 12-15 years’ experience including the following;
o Accomplished in category management and has expertise in clinical category
o Strong experience with negotiation of contract and commercial terms and conditions and able to coach others
o Strong global leadership and collaboration skills with ability to build effective relationships and influence peers and key stakeholders.
• Clinical trial experience and/or knowledge preferred
• Excellent interpersonal, motivational and leadership skills
• Ability to deal with change and ambiguity effectively
• Strong project management skills with ability to plan tasks, assign resources, manage progress, remove barriers, manage change, resolve conflict, build consensus, and motivate team members across multiple projects concurrently
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to tailor messages to the given audience. Can present information in a clear and concise manner
• Ability to prioritize, organize and multitask in a flexible, fast-paced and challenging environment
• Strong process and cost improvement skills
• C.P.M./CPSM certification desirable
Bachelor’s degree required
Our mission to find therapies for neurological and rare diseases is a unique focus within our industry and this shared purpose is what connects us as a team. We work together to overcome obstacles and to follow the science. We are resilient as we strive to make an impact on our patients’ lives and on changing the course of medicine. Together, we pioneer. Together, we thrive.
Global Business Services
The Global Business Services (GBS) team is an organization established to transform Biogen’s business processes to set a platform to scale global operations, fuel commercial growth and the innovation pipeline. Further, GBS will provide further value by developing and delivering a suite of business solutions and support services that are valued by internal customers. GBS will deliver services by leveraging a global delivery model, operational transparency and metrics, leveraging global best practices, and a service-oriented process improvement culture. All solutions will be supported by strong business cases and ultimately monitored for the effectiveness and efficiency against benchmarks and service level agreements.
The vision of GBS at Biogen is to be recognized as a world-class Global Business Services organization driven by the desire for excellence in its people, business solutions, execution and partnerships with internal customers.
The GBS team will champion building a continuous improvement culture that other parts of the organization will recognize and seek out for business support. We are developing a performance-based culture supported by tools, training, and well-defined accountability, where people can build their career or prepare for a role in the wider business or elsewhere within GBS. We seek individuals who can enhance our team with their knowledge, skills, innovation, collaboration and “can do” attitude.
The Director, Procurement of Global Clinical Services leads a team of 3 category managers and is a member of Clinical and Scientific categories leadership team accountable for $400M in spend for Global Clinical Services Category