Executive Assistant/Office Manager
- Washington, DC
- Department: Commercial
- Region: US
About This Role
The Executive Assistant/Office Manager (EA) role will provide administrative, technical, and financial support for Biogen’s Public Policy & Government Affairs department (PPGA), which includes 17+ staff members who are a mix of hybrid (office-based/remote) and field (offsite) staff. This is an integral role within the PPGA team. You will be the central hub -- essential to ensuring team alignment, organization, and efficiencies. This role will report directly to the Head of Operations. In this challenging and fast-paced role, your time will be spent managing multiple priorities that are varied in scope, size, and complexity.
What You’ll Do
· Support busy PPGA Vice President (VP)/Acting Head with administrative requests and Microsoft Outlook calendar management, which includes multiple domestic time zones and international events and activities.
· Ensure VP/Acting Head has information needed to participate in meetings, e.g., agenda, presentation, bios, etc.
· Maintain and manage PPGA team calendar and attend and support team events and activities, e.g., Lunch & Learns, staff meetings, offsites, quarterly business reviews, etc.
· Support hiring process, e.g., schedule interviews (virtual and in-person); coordinate onboarding of new staff, e.g., order laptop, cell phone, etc.; process security access, company badge, building security Datawatch access; book travel for in-person new employee orientation, etc.
· Assist VP with booking travel and expenses as needed.
· Reconcile corporate credit card expenses, timely and efficiently using iProcurement and Process Purchase Orders in accordance with Biogen guidelines using Oracle.
· Provide facilities/office management support for DC office, e.g., greet visitors and vendors, maintain AV and office equipment, process security access, book building space, and maintain facilities using building management Angus system.
· Support meeting logistics and activities, e.g., order catering, support conference room AV needs, ensure clean office environment, etc.
· Respond to and fulfill staff request for supplies, technology, and ergonomic resources.
· Manage files/retention in accordance with PPGA best practices using SharePoint.
· Provide general IT support for tech devices and Microsoft 365 apps.
Who You Are
The ideal candidate for this position is organized, responsive with excellent communications and business acumen skills. You are innovative, proactive, and forward-thinking with a great eye for detail. You are agile and have excellent customer service skills and can pull through on your duties from start to finish. You adhere to Biogen’s ethical guidance to ensure compliance. You work well autonomously and are an amazing team player. The ideal candidate loves learning new skills and working through collaboration.
- Excellent business acumen resulting in positive outcomes.
- 3 to 5 years of administrative/office management work experience in a professional office setting consulting, professional services, government affairs or other relevant organization.
- Proficiency in Microsoft 365, Apps, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel; SharePoint a plus.
- Knowledge of procurement procedures and contract execution.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple projects.
- Demonstrated people management skills and experience -- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate.
- Excellent written and oral communication abilities.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Candidate must already be living in the Washington, DC area.
- High School Diploma
- 5-7 years of experience
- SharePoint Experience
- Events management
- Procurement and Contracts
- Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.