Scientist I/II, Bioanalytical Sciences
- Cambridge, MA
- Department: Research & Development
- Region: US
At Biogen, we offer a workplace that is unique, connected, resilient and impactful. Our purpose to find cures for rare diseases is a unique focus within our industry. We are connected as a team by this shared purpose, the pride we have in our work, and the inspiration we obtain from the lives we’re changing. We are resilient as we overcome obstacles, following the science to deliver for our patients. Most of all, our work allows us to have an impact. An impact on our patients’ lives and on changing the course of medicine.
The Bioanalytical Sciences group is seeking a highly motivated Scientist to join a dynamic team that develops and executes bioanalytical strategies for multiple programs across therapeutic areas.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and implement bioanalytical assays (PK and immunogenicity) to support development of large molecule and ASO assets
- Provide oversight of PK and immunogenicity assay development, validation and interpretation of in-study immunogenicity data for multiple programs from preclinical through post-marketing phases
- Oversee outsourced biomarker and bioanalytical assays at contract research laboratories
- Prepare, review and deliver scientific presentations for internal/external audiences and author related manuscripts
- Evaluate new assay/platform capabilities in house to support bioanalytical analysis and provide technical expertise across platforms (e.g. ELISA, imaging, flow cytometry)
- Mentor and matrix-manage technical staff
- Bachelor’s degree in Biological Sciences or related
- Sci 1: 4 years of relevant laboratory experience
- Sci 2: 8 years of relevant laboratory experience
- Expertise with regulated bioanalysis; ligand binding and cell-based assays, utilizing a variety of technology platforms
- Experience managing scientific collaborations and/or outsourced work at contract research organizations (CRO)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to deliver clear, concise presentations tailored to different audiences
- Be a highly flexible, results oriented, independent self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Hands-on experience in assay development, with experience in various platforms, techniques, and regulatory expectations.
- Expertise in gene therapy immunogenicity assays
- Expertise with authoring sections of documents targeted for regulatory filing
- Clinical drug development experience
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.