Medical Liaison Manager MS & neuromuscular disease
- Glostrup, Denmark
- Department: Medical Affairs
- Region: EU+/Canada
About This Role
As our new Medical Liaison Manager (MLM) MS & NMD you will establish, foster and maintain strategic relationships with Key Medical Experts (KME) and exchanges accurate and updated medical / scientific information between KMEs, other investigators and the company's Medical Affairs group. You will act as a medical / scientific resource within Biogen, ensuring awareness and understanding of the disease area and Biogen’s products. Furthermore you will provide technical and educational medical support to affiliate functions in relation to MS, ALS and SMA disease areas and Biogen product.
You will be responsible for the medical-scientific contribution to the local medical strategies and developing local medical plans. This is an important role regarding all medical scientific topics in the country like; supporting launch of new therapies, developing medical scientific presentations, one to one discussions with leading MS, ALS and SMA experts, understanding the current status and identify opportunities for evolving Standards of care in MS, ALS and SMA, facilitating implementation of the national treatment guidelines developing executing medical education activities in collaboration with the relevant medical scientific community, understanding the current National disease registries, developing medical scientific projects and quality indicators. It is key that you know the Danish reimbursement process, and has knowledge of the Medicines Counsel process.
What You’ll Do
Drive the Medicines Counsel Process:
- For new treatments and indications, and write all applicable documents needed in the process
- Ensure in- & external stakeholder management for optimal outcomes
Present and discuss medical science related to our products to KMEs:
- Build peer–to peer relationships with healthcare professionals and institutions to establish and maintain a therapeutic leadership position
- Disseminate scientific data on Biogen products in an appropriate manner, seek a digital solution whenever possible – utilizing latest digital platforms and solutions
- Ensure that customer insights are transmitted to in-country teams and also, where appropriate, into the above-country medical brand teams.
- Create digital communication platforms with KMEs/institutions in line with therapeutic area defined strategies.
- Ensure appropriate KME/institutional involvement in Biogen-sponsored activities.
- Communicates KME feedback on product development and life-cycle strategies.
- Adopt and utilize digital platforms and initiatives.
Therapy area strategy support:
- Be the internal scientific/medical expert advisor to other staff members, conduct medical/scientific education and liaise with global/EU+ medical team.
- Support to marketing and market access functions in product and pricing strategies.
- Support the implementation of medical strategies through active participation at meetings, local congresses, implementation of medical education initiatives, and panel discussions.
- Provide local support for Regulatory Affairs, Drug Safety, Medical Information and Clinical Research/GCO as appropriate.
- Reviewing promotional and non-promotional materials according to good medical practice and in line with the pharmaceutical code of practice.
Compliance, Business conduct & Finance Management
- Ensuring compliance with local and global policies and SOPs.
- Active involvement in Medical ICP and AOP process within agreed timelines.
- Work with finance to run Medical forecast analytics.
- Review monthly budget and forecast reports provided by finance.
- Manage PO process.
Leadership / Project Management
- Be internal scientific/medical expert/trusted advisor to other staff members.
- Liaise with global/WE medical team.
- Provide scientific/medical direction to projects.
- Define project objectives and timelines.
- Managing and maintaining relationships with key strategic and international KMEs which may reside outside of their territory or home country and/or may represent BIIB on a specific technical or scientific area.
- Leading resource for advisory boards.
Who You Are
You have a strong knowledge of patient-treatment trends, clinical trials and scientific activities within the MS, ALS and SMA area and you continuously seek to update this expertise and knowledge. As a person you take ownership of commitments and goals, and you thrive in having a strong customer relation
- Medical or scientific qualification (M.D., Ph.D. or Pharm.D).
- At least 10 years’ experience in a medical role in industry
- Medical/scientific experience in rare diseases
- Broad experience in interaction with health authorities and the Danish Medicine Counsel.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, scientific and non-scientific, throughout all levels and geographies of an organization, in English.
- Good communicative and organizational skills.
- Independent team worker.
- Flexible mind-set and see changes as mandatory.
- Good customer-relations and networking capacities.
- Pro-active self-starter.
- Willingness to travel as it is a 30% field-based role.
- Strong IT and digital skills and understanding, be able to quickly understand and utilize new digital platforms and solutions.
- Flutent English and Danish.
Our mission to find therapies for neurological and rare diseases is a unique focus within our industry and this shared purpose is what connects us as a team. We work together to overcome obstacles and to follow the science. We are resilient as we strive to make an impact on our patients’ lives and on changing the course of medicine. Together, we pioneer. Together, we thrive.
For further information please contact;
Christian Wichmann, Head of Medical, Denmark